Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UKIP could lift handgun ban in UK

Article about: Cannot see this happening and even if it ever did one person would do something stupid and they would be made illegal.

?

Default UKIP could lift handgun ban in UK

Farage has mentioned that the UK handgun ban could be lifted.(The Mail and the Telegraph have a poll for a vote on line concerning this if You care to have Your say).What do You think?

Fine if he recruits more police to inspect gun owners gun safes and handle all the paperwork!..

?

Quote by lew07 View Post
    Farage has mentioned that the UK handgun ban could be lifted.(The Mail and the Telegraph have a poll for a vote on line concerning this if You care to have Your say).What do You think?

There's more chance of me making General in the US Marines next week than this happening! (Personal opinion only of course!)

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Lew

Would be nice to start firing pistol again and join a gun club but I doubt very much
    Ben

As Ben says, I wouldn't hold my breath on this one, but it sure would be nice to see rare items that did not have to be altered.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I think they should try for long gun licenses first. Shot guns and rifles are used less in crimes than pistols (at least in the US). I think if they could lift the restrictions on those, handguns could come right after. TonyRogers.com | The Top 10 Guns Used In Crime - BATF Statistics

Quote by lew07 View Post
    As long as UKIP start issuing "body armour" to foxes I think it's a good'un!!Joe public will look after themselves! Leon.

There's one problem, UKIP make a promise, they get in, lift the ban after lengthy debate and voting, we get our handgun rights back in time for UKIP to lose the next election and Labour/Conservative get back in by promising to ban pistols again. Back to square one.

?

I honestly believe that would be a great thing for the British folks.

?

Quote by lew07 View Post
    Farage has mentioned that the UK handgun ban could be lifted
    Dont hold your breath.
    The rights of the shooting communities are slowly being eroded everywhere via the salami method - not least in the EU, where further restrictions are being hotly debated behind closed doors.
    The ultimate goal is a clamp down on the proliferation of 'small arms' according to the UN. Originally meant to curb further spreading of weapons in 'Third World' countries, it didnt take long for someone to get the bright idea to slap the guns of law abiding citizens in the EU (and no doubt in the US at lenght as well) under this umbrella......, but hey, lets not get political here ;-)
    (feel free to delete this post, if out of line. How ever, that is the sad state of things (gun laws, not the MOD situation:-)))

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast