MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

UKIP could lift handgun ban in UK

Article about: Cannot see this happening and even if it ever did one person would do something stupid and they would be made illegal.

Cannot see this happening and even if it ever did one person would do something stupid and they would be made illegal.

?

Thats what happened prior to the knee-jerk ban in the first place.
    As always, the few ruin it for the many.

?

Some interesting comments and I think when It comes to legislation these days any thing can happen.Those of us of a certain age may like to cast their minds back to when a CO2 air pistol needed a Firearm Certificate!!! (Yes I kid You not).By the way the Daily Mail Poll when I last looked was 52 percent for the ban being lifted 48 against.

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    There's one problem, UKIP make a promise, they get in, lift the ban after lengthy debate and voting, we get our handgun rights back in time for UKIP to lose the next election and Labour/Conservative get back in by promising to ban pistols again. Back to square one.
    Well guess what? That's called democracy(or is it badly organised dictatorship??) Oh I apologise for that comment as it is close to the political "no go" area that we quite rightly uphold here on this fine forum. Leon.

?

Quote by lew07 View Post
    Some interesting comments and I think when It comes to legislation these days any thing can happen.Those of us of a certain age may like to cast their minds back to when a CO2 air pistol needed a Firearm Certificate!!! (Yes I kid You not).

The now lost handgun rights will never be returned - the ban will never be reversed to what it once was.

Its nice to hope, but dont kid yourself. No offence meant. Just how I see it.

Its nice, that you are an optimist, but I dont share your optimism in regards to gun rights in the UK.

Quote by lew07 View Post
    By the way the Daily Mail Poll when I last looked was 52 percent for the ban being lifted 48 against.
    You are implying, that you live in a democracy ...or at least a country where politicians will listen to the wish of the people (BTW that small difference/margin isnt going to 'cut' it).
    THAT WAS TONGUE IN CHEEK

Well I have been watching this thread as it was almost certainly going to become political because of the subject and was of itself intrinsically political, and to be honest I wish the thread had not been started in the first place. Any posting regarding gun laws always bring out those in favour of unlimited gun access and comments along the lines of how hard done by the Brits etc are because of it.

Anyway, time to shut it, though it is still here for others to read.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2