Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ultra rare PPSh41: German 9mm conversion

Article about: If only this gun could talk, what a story it would tell! It is on display in Nottingham Castle, England. The castle houses the local Regimental Museum for the Notts & Derby Regt. This gu

Default Ultra rare PPSh41: German 9mm conversion

If only this gun could talk, what a story it would tell!

It is on display in Nottingham Castle, England. The castle houses the local Regimental Museum for the Notts & Derby Regt.

This gun was captured by the Germans and converted to 9mm and the mag housing modified to take standard MP38/40 mags. It was then retaken by the Red Army. During the Korean War the Soviets gave the gun to the North Koreans. It was then captured by a British Officer and brought back to Nottingham.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ultra rare PPSh41: German 9mm conversion   Ultra rare PPSh41: German 9mm conversion  

Ultra rare PPSh41: German 9mm conversion   Ultra rare PPSh41: German 9mm conversion  

Ultra rare PPSh41: German 9mm conversion   Ultra rare PPSh41: German 9mm conversion  

Default Re: Ultra rare PPSh41: German 9mm conversion

If this gun were live and in the USA it would be worth $20,000.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ultra rare PPSh41: German 9mm conversion   Ultra rare PPSh41: German 9mm conversion  

?

Very interesting Ade. Did you know how the MP 40 mag is fixed in this housing?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

YoZh
    ?

hi!
    I hear about convert gun, but never saw it yet, thank.
    Regards,
    Olzhas

Hi Dimas, no I don't. It is a good question. One day I will make an appointment to go to the Museum to examine the gun in detail. They have an MP40 on display there, so I would be interested in seeing how a mag is held in place.

Hi Olzhas, I have know this gun since I was 5 years old when I first saw it. I dream about holding it

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ultra rare PPSh41: German 9mm conversion  

jmatchlock
    ?

Adrain, here in the states there is a company that sales the 9mm converson kit

I have fired 5 MP40's in total, and guys they are really nice to fire, I mean really nice, I also had a P38 and Luger when I was station in Germany, to me the P38 looked good but fired like a bag of nails, it was crap past 15m, the Luger was beautiful to fire, the action was so smooth, I wish I had fired an Artillery luger,they would have been well acurate with that longer barrel.
    Ben

Hi Ben, the MP40 is a nice weapon to fire live. A shot one last year with the British Army. We were firing at a 3 man advancing target at 200m. I was surprised at how accurate they were, even at that long range. I also fired the PPSh41 and PPS on the same day Again I hit the target no problem. I would say the recoil felt less with the MP40 compared with the Russian weapons, but with a longer burst the muzzle did rise more on the MP40. The simple compensators on the Russian guns did make a difference. My weapon of choice would be the PPS. I think they are really under rated.

I will give you my impressions on the P38 and P08 Luger in a few weeks time when I get back from a trip to Austria.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade, the Luger is a lovely point and shoot pistol, never fired a Russian weapon at all (apart from AK47, 12.7mm Spagin mounted on T-62, and Dragonov Sniper rifle, RPG 7, RPD I tell you what I have fired lots of modern Russian weapons not WW2 ones.
    Ben

warjamesw1
    ?

I have a Luger, P38, PPsh41, PPs43 and have looked at both MP40 conversions and Sten conversions of the PPsh41. All good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast