Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unissued WWII Victory .38 Special Pistol with a grouping of web gear, holsters and accessories.

Article about: I bought this pristine Victory pistol from the OGCA show in Cleveland, Ohio quite a few years ago. Condition is special, but what was interesting was the story that came with it. It supposed

?

Default Unissued WWII Victory .38 Special Pistol with a grouping of web gear, holsters and accessories.

I bought this pristine Victory pistol from the OGCA show in Cleveland, Ohio quite a few years ago. Condition is special, but what was interesting was the story that came with it. It supposedly was surplused after WWII to a police department in Ohio. It was never issued by the police department and eventually was sold off to the person I bought it from. It still had a few traces of cosmoline or hardened grease on it when I bought it. Note the nice case hardening remaining on the hammer and trigger. Also on the top strap is an ordinance mark and "U.S Property G.H.D" stamped faintly.

The group picture is the pistol along with some WWII web gear, holsters and accessories, along with the somewhat scarce Navy Property ammo pouches. The cleaning rod is the hard to find twisted wire version that was packed in the box with each pistol. The pistol lanyard is what has been called recently the USMC pistol lanyard. I bought a quantity of them many years ago when they were known then as the “What the hell are these?” lanyard.

Unissued WWII Victory .38 Special Pistol with a grouping of web gear, holsters and accessories.Unissued WWII Victory .38 Special Pistol with a grouping of web gear, holsters and accessories.Unissued WWII Victory .38 Special Pistol with a grouping of web gear, holsters and accessories.
    Last edited by rambob; 08-14-2011 at 02:30 AM.

Default Re: Unissued WWII Victory .38 Special Pistol with a grouping of web gear, holsters and accessories.

Another very famous WW2 USA pistol... Even Issued to Air Crew in Viet-Nam.. Thanks for posting...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: Unissued WWII Victory .38 Special Pistol with a grouping of web gear, holsters and accessories.

A piece of the highest quality and accoutrement-congratulations.

Outstanding rev. and holsters and the whole rig...
    I have encountered one specimen while serving, in my commanding officer's holster, a long time ago...
    Regards...Thanos.

This is the holster for the 4" barrel S&W .38 Super revolver post war as the US Army aircrew survival weapon. It fits on the survival vest via press studs. Also the original paper bag packaging with stock number for the holster-I put it in 'google' and all the info came up on the vest!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unissued WWII Victory .38 Special Pistol with a grouping of web gear, holsters and accessories.   Unissued WWII Victory .38 Special Pistol with a grouping of web gear, holsters and accessories.  

?

That is one beautiful revolver. I need to ad one to my collection; I already have the holster:

Unissued WWII Victory .38 Special Pistol with a grouping of web gear, holsters and accessories.