Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

unknown rare FN Hipower GP35 Lithuanian contract, frame stamped instaed of slide stamped

Article about: Hi, I recently got a call to check out a strange pistol. Well i got calls every week but this sounded a bit odd. So, i got this FN Hipower pistol (we call it a GP35). It has NO serials and n

?

Default unknown rare FN Hipower GP35 Lithuanian contract, frame stamped instaed of slide stamped

Hi,
    I recently got a call to check out a strange pistol. Well i got calls every week but this sounded a bit odd.
    So, i got this FN Hipower pistol (we call it a GP35). It has NO serials and no proofmarks. Ok so far, i have several luchbox pistols in my collection...
    But, then i saw Pillars of Gediminas on the side instead of on the slide.
    It took me some time to realise this is a Lithuanian service pistol. But, the regular Lithuanian pistols have there pillars on the slides. This is the first i see that has the pillars on the frame...

So, what's the story on this one? O, the inserted magazine was a nazi WAa103 mag...
    I first thought it was a mixed gun made out of spareparts but soon i found out it was more then that.
    The owner is OK to me and has no reasons to cheat.

Any idea's?

Paco

nice looking pistol.

It would have to be made up from prewar parts-no proofs or serial no.s says it was never 'completed'-if it was a prototype/sales demonstrator for Lthuania, it would still have to be completed-even if it was a German supplied example to a WW2 Lithuanian 'Quisling' unit, it'd still be serialed IMHO. A puzzle.

?

Yep, strange but interesting pistol.
    The finish is egaly worn off. The slidestop has a special ringed pin (left side). Never seen those cirkels on a slidestop.

Very Nice Pistol.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Paco, indeed this is a unique Lithuanian High Power.

I would recommend posting this on Luger Gunboards forum, there you are very likely to get an opinion from Anthony Vanderlinden. He is a recognized authority on these pistols and author. It would be interesting to find out what he thinks.

?

I worked with him on his FN pistol book ; )
    I know him, mailed but no respond yet, buzy?
    paco

?

Anthony reacted today, he know what it is and it is special. More news will follow asap. He's buzzy at the moment...
    Exiting ; )

?

?

I got an answer of Mr A. Vanderlinden, author of the Browning Belgian Pistols. I quote...

"When FN makes contracts, they make several samples of the crest for the buying commission to approve... these guns never leave the factory and are either kept or destroyed later. I know that the Germans put those guns in circulation.

I believe that you have one of these crest samples. Of course I did not see it in hand, so make sure that it is not a modern crest laser edged onto a rare gun... the small parts acceptance on the frame is also an indication that the accepting commission approved the frame.

To me, it is a rare piece of industrial history. Certainly it never went to Lithuania but everything that survives in prototype stages is interesting...."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast