Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown soviet rifle scope WW2?

Article about: Can someone help me indentify this scope. My father got it from his friend who passed away, the friend got it from his father who was a member of Finnish army during that time. We guessing i

Default Unknown soviet rifle scope WW2?

Can someone help me indentify this scope. My father got it from his friend who passed away, the friend got it from his father who was a member of Finnish army during that time. We guessing it's spoils of war. Any idea what it's worth. The scope is fully operational (all the knobs etc work like new and the lenses are perfect) solid build, little patina but nothing alarming. Here are some pictures of the item.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown soviet rifle scope WW2?   Unknown soviet rifle scope WW2?  

Unknown soviet rifle scope WW2?   Unknown soviet rifle scope WW2?  

Unknown soviet rifle scope WW2?  

Default Re: Unknown soviet rifle scope WW2?

Its a pre-war dated M/91-30 (Mosin Nagant) PE Sniper Scope, very nice find From what you've said about its history, it may be possible that it was a captured piece re-used by the Finnish.

Theres some photographs of it fitted to an M/91-30 here: Rifles Of The Red Star

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Its a pre-war dated m/91-30 (Mosin Nagant) PE Sniper Scope, very nice find

Thanks

Danny
    Any idea of what it's worth, my father is thinking of selling it.

Google 'Russian PEM scope', there's plenty on e-bay but prices vary $200-$600+

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

btw, why the two dates? 1931 and 1936? is the 1931 the creation year of the model and 1936 the year of manuafacture?

well guess we cant sell it since I cannot find any price refrence to this model. the ones captured by finnish army seems to be re stamped. I think [SA] )Suomen Armeija ironically under the soviet logo.

Have your farther sold it yet?

If it's still available please contact me at atchkasov2000 at yahoo.com I'd be interested in buying it Thanks