Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

unusual ww2 signal pistol

Article about: Hi can anyone help me with pinning down what this was used in? i have done the usual serches but not found anything with the thread on like this one. It takes the 1.5 inch cartrige and looks

Default unusual ww2 signal pistol

Hi can anyone help me with pinning down what this was used in?
    i have done the usual serches but not found anything with the thread on like this one. It takes the 1.5 inch cartrige and looks to be w&s or enfield made. but other than that its a mystery.
    the last two picks are the rest of my modist deac colection.
    Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unusual ww2 signal pistol   unusual ww2 signal pistol  

unusual ww2 signal pistol   unusual ww2 signal pistol  

unusual ww2 signal pistol   unusual ww2 signal pistol  

Default Re: unusual ww2 signal pistol

hi very nice pistol collection!

Hi thanks
    the flair pistol is driving me mad though.
    Andy

i know the feeling,i am sure you WILL find your answer here by tonight!!

are your pistols all new or old spec deacts?

Hi
    They are mostly new speck. but what i have gone for is nothing that has been messed with and i always go for matching numbers if i can.
    It is getting hard to find good pistols though. i have been looking into collecting flair pistols also but they seem to be expensive for what they are. But i supose they were also made in much smaller mumbers than pistols or rifles.

this flare pistol was used in a "port" on british bombers to signal that wounded personnel were on board,,there was a threaded opening,as there was in a B-17,,where a flare pistol could be screwed in to a threaded opening for operation,,,nice flare pistol

That is what i thought but after meny months of serching i have never even come across another pick of this type all a aircraft pistols i have come across have been much smaller and lighter, i thought it may be used in tanks or perhaps naval i just cant find any info.
    Andy

Its a Webley No3 Mk2 as stamped on the side. Here is a link to a Mk1 version, I cant find a photo of the Mk2 ZFARM

Hi Yep mine is identical exept for the interupted thread like on a cannon breach.
    just wondering if anyone can shed light on what it was used in?
    Andy

As mentioned earlier,they lock into a port in an Aircraft so that the flare cant be fired within the fuselage. Later models had 4 square lugs for the same job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast