Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US Marked High Standard HD Military

Article about: They must have been a few of these brought to Iowa. Don't see many listed in other areas. The Des Moines Gun show does have some interesting things that come out of the wood work. I wonder i

They must have been a few of these brought to Iowa. Don't see many listed in other areas. The Des Moines Gun show does have some interesting things that come out of the wood work.
    I wonder if the navy will ever get rid of those M44's or will they send them to Rock Island to be distroyed like so many 45's and other rifles were over the years.
    I knew one of the guys that was on the small arms distruction crew at Rock Island years ago. They watch them like a hawk while they worked listing every SR# and making sure nothing was listed that might Disappear, if you know what I mean....
    John
    Quote by popeye View Post
    Nice High Standard. They don't pop up much as much as you would think they would.
    I have seen a few over the last 20 years at the Des Moines gun show.
    Great Mistakes did have a lot of training and security weapons. My Savage 720 came from there. They also had a huge lot of the Mossberg m44 training rifles.
    When I was up there for a HAZMAT course in 2007 a GM buddy of mine showed me some of the weapons they still had for historical purposes.
    When Great Lakes became the only navy training base (boot camp) there was a lot of stuff sent back to them.
    I am sure there was a lot of things that fell into trunks at the end of the day.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Very nice HS with the property markings. Also, it's nice to see the shorter barrel. I have been looking for one to add to my collection, too.

U D

I've a feeling that some of these went to the UK and were fitted with silencers for clandestine use. I'll try and find the references.

I grew up shooting them. They are known to be some of the best small bore target pistols ever made. very neat with the US property mark.
    I have one thats worth quite a bit,with all the barrels and weights.....it is extremely accurate!

The high Standard line was way before their time. One of the most accurate pistols ever made.
    High Standard is still in Business today.
    I talked to them at the shot show last week.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

These are among the finest .22s one will ever handle.
    Several barrel lengths. Silenced versions were used in VN and other situations.
    They are readily available through various dealers or auction sites.

Many millions of US servicemen over the years 1st and usually only handgun training was with .45s followed by .38s.
    These .22s were very limited in use and to suggest they were used to train new recruits as a general practice is unrealistic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2