Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Value of straight BNZ 42 98k?

Article about: Thx guys, I'll update the thread ;-)

Default Re: Value of straight BNZ 42 98k?

Thx guys, I'll update the thread ;-)

5 hundred dollars is a Long time ago...a good all matching non-import 98K will go for an easy Grand-or even more these days.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

All good advice on this BNZ. Produced by Steyr-Daimler-Puch. I would surely grab it if possible. It is a desirable code and if all matching as you say they can fetch anywhere from twelve hundred or more depending on condition. I sold a BYF 44 mix-matcher last year for $500 with only a fair bore. If you care to check Gun Boards Forum and click to Mauser 98K section. Plenty of experts and collectors you can get info from. Hope you get this gun for a decent price and post a pic if possible. Thanks for sharing your story and hope this info helps

P.S. Sold the BYF for five hundred not 0

I got the actual text in my inbox ;-) I did look around the net today, and yeah... $1200 is probably a good deal, nevermind the bayonet/scabbard/frog. I just realized I got a little extra trade bait, as he lives on a lake, which he says is still frozen! I'm really hoping to get it too, I know he doesn't really care about it that much. I think this late 1800's ice saw might sway him in the trade more than the other stuff I have that's more the main item in the trade. The saw and tongs might just be the icing on the cake ;-)

Afraid there won't be any pics to post. The trade deal only went on til 10 at night, not two in the morning... except that after an 88 minute conversation earlier that day outlining everything I had for a trade, after we got there, had some dinner, his wife got my wife pretty drunk which was nice, and we went to do our thing... I brought everything in the house and showed him, and finally asked to see the Mauser (which he said was a "sniper model"... Well aren't they all? Except that there's never been any BNZ sniper models, and him educating me that BNZ means Mercedes Benz...) he said it was time for him to go to bed, I never even got to look at the gun. for all I know I would walk away from it in an instant. I never even got to see it, he said lets talk about it tomorrow or whatever. This is a solid two hour round trip from our house and the roads were unbelievably muddy and hard to drive. Anyway I packed up my stuff and left feeling unbearably disgusted. But, it's always been like that with this guy. And my wife telling me all the way there what he's like, etc... and me saying no... it won't be like that. Trying to be positive.

I can only hope I learned something from it.

Are these ice saws Worth anything? I've got an identical one I've been tripping over in my garage for ages now....Cool! lol Hope that you don't give up on the 98K, but I know the type of guy you're dealing with. One of those frustrating kinds that you have to hold at gunpoint just to get them to Show you anything. Thunderheads, we used to call them-all wind and noise but no rain....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thx for the sympathy man, I need it. I've got a railroad guy off Craigslist who was chomping at the bit to give me $ hundred fifty cash for the saw and tongs last night, but I really wanted to see this guy get it instead, because he has antiques like that all around his place, and he lives right on a lake.

I'll go out of my way thew meet that saw buyer on Friday (I'd love to quit tripping over the bloody myself ;-), his next time back in town, and move on with my life on the Mauser. There's others out there, and I don't even need on that bad anyway. Rifles take up a lot of room. One will probably pop up when I least expect it ;-)

?

Quote by kilomikesierra1960 View Post
    Afraid there won't be any pics to post. The trade deal only went on til 10 at night, not two in the morning... except that after an 88 minute conversation earlier that day outlining everything I had for a trade, after we got there, had some dinner, his wife got my wife pretty drunk which was nice, and we went to do our thing... I brought everything in the house and showed him, and finally asked to see the Mauser (which he said was a "sniper model"... Well aren't they all? Except that there's never been any BNZ sniper models, and him educating me that BNZ means Mercedes Benz...) he said it was time for him to go to bed, I never even got to look at the gun. for all I know I would walk away from it in an instant. I never even got to see it, he said lets talk about it tomorrow or whatever. This is a solid two hour round trip from our house and the roads were unbelievably muddy and hard to drive. Anyway I packed up my stuff and left feeling unbearably disgusted. But, it's always been like that with this guy. And my wife telling me all the way there what he's like, etc... and me saying no... it won't be like that. Trying to be positive.

I can only hope I learned something from it.
    I really feel your pain. I had a similar experience with a G 43 sniper also after a long drive. It's probably happened to many of us at least once. But as you said perhaps one will show up at a later date.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2