Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Very used 1931 Thompson

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Very interesting. Not heard of these before. Cheers, Ade. The Chinese seemingly were fond of taking favourite Western guns and converting them to their use. They not only

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Very interesting. Not heard of these before.

Cheers, Ade.
    The Chinese seemingly were fond of taking favourite Western guns and converting them to their use.

They not only used the Thompson but also the C-96.

We recently touched upon these in another thread.

Some were imported, some then cloned and in some instances, the caliber was changed.

A while ago, I had the chance to check out a slew of Chinese imports - here a pic prior to firing:

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I wonder if the Chinese produced Tommys will accept Thompson parts? But, regardless of who actually produced it, it should be a fascinating restoration project to watch and I hope that we are kept up to date with it's progress!
    What caliber is it (some of these are seen in 7.62x25mm Tokarev)and does the muzzle have a compensator or just the blade type of front sight?
    That is actually my opinion, if the regular thompson parts fit, it would be great, otherwise i will have problems finding parts.
    I believe its 45 acp.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Nuno-did it come from Macao?
    It did came from Macau in the early 80`s, along with all the others i have shown.

Im currently looking online for parts and have also contacted the Military Museum for assistance.

Here are the bad news, i spent the afternoon at the Military Museum, we tryed several US Thompson parts and none were compatible.
    The US 1928 drum mag and the regular stick mag do not fit.

Sorry to hear that Nuno.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Sorry to hear that Nuno.
    I was really hoping they would fit, since they dont, i dont know what to do.

If it was me, since this is an interesting and unusual gun, I would be inclined to fabricate some parts for display. There's no other likelihood of completing it.

i agree fabricating parts would be a good idea and just keep an eye out for chinese parts

Very very rare in any circumstance....post it to the Thompson section of Machinegunboards.com - Thompson Submachine Gun Community Forum[/url] and it will receive much attention. I m not sure I would do anything to it as it is so rare just like it is. I have collected thompsons for 30 years....it is very very rare.Very used 1931 ThompsonVery used 1931 ThompsonVery used 1931 Thompson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3