Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extras

Article about: A great piece of history, to be sure.

Default Vet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extras

A good friend of my wife's told me she had a gun she wanted me to take a look at. They are moving her grandmother to an assisted living home. While moving her they found a lock box and found this pistol inside. Not being gun owners they really didn't want to keep it but they do want to sell it in order to help pay for the move. Her grandmother told her it had to be something her grandfather brought back from the war. She knows he served in North Africa, Italy and the ETO. She knows it is a piece of history but also knows I love that history. I have done a little research. This pistol is in great shape., just a little bluing coming off at end of barrel. Sorry for pics, I'll take better photo's tonight with my Nikon. It did come with 3 clips (one still having bullets in it) the holster is for a Luger and is the brown version, and also has the tool in the top part. Two of the clips match the numbers on the pistol. The other I believe is Czech. I offered $600 and she took it, but now I'm thinking I owe her more cause $600 is way to low. So I told her I'd get her another $200 as well. Still not sure if that is fair or not? I'll post better photo's tonight. Thanks for any input. (all matching numbers, AC43)Vet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extras

Always warms the heart to hear of someone not trying to screw over the naïve in such things-Bravo, Sir!

?

Lovely piece of untouched history right there friend, Thanks for showing! As for price I have no idea I am afraid but my hats off to you for doing right by her. Cheers, Sean.

?

Where I live you're looking at 1000-1500e for a pistol like that, with the goodies. No idea how the market in the US is.

Very nice piece however. Give it some gun oil, and it'll be a happy gat.

It would be interesting to know the circumstances of how all the elements came together eg if the P08 holster was used with the pistol at capture, added by the GI during the war or long afterwards, is the ammo period or later etc but now all that is lost to history-I paid $1,500 AU for an AC43 P38 (pistol and 1 mag only) from a dealer a couple of months ago and it doesn't have the same degree of researchability as this one so $800 US sounds very reasonable for such a good example IMHO.

Default P38 Pistol

Vet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasVet Bring back P38 Pistol and holster and extrasHere's some photo's

Luger holster and tool is worth a couple of hundred dollars just by itself.

unreal!!! What a gem!

?

Another historical piece is saved for the future. !

?

A nice one!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast