Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vg-1

Article about: Hi Emile, the chamber pressure is much higher than the muzzle pressure when the bullet is fired. The high pressure where the cartridge is fired requires the barrel to be thicker. The end of

Default Vg-1

VG-1 ac 45 Volks Gewher Peoples Rifle Cal. 7.92X57mm BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vg-1   Vg-1  

Vg-1  
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Default Re: Vg-1

That`s a beauty Bill,looks like it was never used,I guess the old guy it was issued to decided to just go home with it as the war was lost anyway.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Interesting 'last ditch' weapon-I would suspect it was never issued as the transport system chaos in Germany by very late 1944/45 meant that much that was still produced never left the factory or rail siding for the front-large stocks of most things remained to be used post war for the Bundeswehr and Volksarmee as well as other countries in Europe.

Excellent example of a rare rifle. Unfortunately, I've never had the opportunity to hold one of these and look it over. No German could believe things were going to end well when these started being distributed. Thanks for posting.

Jay

Hi Bill.
    Thanks for showing us this rifle, very interesting to see.

Anders

Wow...very nice Bill. You are a lucky fella.

?

Nice one Bill. A rare bird, you don't find many of those around and especially in that condition. Ray

How do you get these amazing rifles Bill? You have a secret that you aren't telling us...

I like that one very much. A very rare rifle.

Cheers, Ade.

A very rare bird I guess?

I wonder how it locks? I read the bore end is larger than the caliber and why would that be?

Looks a bit of an adventure to fire it. I take it you did not try?!

Cheers,
    Emile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast