Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

VK98 'Peoples Carbine' bnz45

Article about: Enjoy this scarce German 'Peoples Carbine' VK98.. Manufactured by Steyr in 1945... bnz45... BILL

Johnnie
    ?

Default Re: VK98 'Peoples Carbine' bnz45

Nice rare one Bill! I recall reading somewhere that many of these were also fitted with whatever castoff barrels were handy IE: non spec, captured foreign. Any info there?

Regards,

Johnnie

Quote by Johnnie View Post
    Nice rare one Bill! I recall reading somewhere that many of these were also fitted with whatever castoff barrels were handy IE: non spec, captured foreign. Any info there?

Regards,

Johnnie
    Johnnie, Yes they can be found with WW1 Mauser barrels, MG bbls, foreign mauser bbls., etc..BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Bill,

I am overwhelmed with the rarity of your people's carbine. I have never had the opportunity to see any other than when Mel Smith Jr. put on a display at Kalamazoo Michigan show, many years ago.

Thank you for the exciting chance to see this rare arm.

Bob Hritz

Is the trigergard/mag bottom plate correct with capture screws?

Quote by 2002FORD View Post
    Is the trigergard/mag bottom plate correct with capture screws?
    Yes, most certinaly correct, with non used holes for the capture screws.....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Thanks bill. I am new to k98`s. I thought they quite using them as the war ended.

toadboy65
    ?

I would appreciate opinions on this rifle, traded today from a vet in his 80s. I thought it was a sporterized k98, but came on this thread while trying to figure out all the stamps and markings. It is hard to tell from the photos, but it is a bnz45 serial 3475T. All the numbers I can find match, and I don't see evidence of restamping. The bottom of the barrel is marked EK , bnz1 ( in a shield) and WaA623. The bolt is phosphated with matching numbers. Forward of the trigger guard is byf and SVW near the forwardmost screw. The sights seem to be normal 98k sights, and there is no forward attaching point for the sling.. I do not think the stock has ever been sanded or modified. I would really appreciate some help, as I am not sure what I have here. thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VK98  'Peoples Carbine' bnz45   VK98  'Peoples Carbine' bnz45  

VK98  'Peoples Carbine' bnz45   VK98  'Peoples Carbine' bnz45  

ian
    ?

Hi Guys,I worked in the Steyr factory for 14 months in Vienna, it was not the firearms department, but the managing director showed me around the cellars and tunnels under the factory down there they have jigs and stamping dies from MP38/40, MP44 and tooling and jigs for K98. They are all stored in secure cages in the cellars he said they were transfered there after the war and have been there ever since covered in thick dust. He said they could if they chose re manufaxcture any of these firearms. But he said security of the stamps has been a head ache over the years as there had been many attempts to steal the waffenampt and date stamps. They had to secure them in another part of the factory. When he showed me the stamps there were about 10 of each there was 1 only 1 skull stamp but he would not confirm or deny weather they made firearms for the SS but if any one ever managed to get those stamps the concequenses dont bear thinking about thank God they are very secure with little acces to any one especialy unsupervised there were lots of different stamps,serial no stamps ,eagles, bnz shields, letter stamps of various sizes.

cheers ian

ian
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Bill, am I right in thinking people have tried to fake these?

Cheers, Ade.
    sorry guys i should have said it was ade,s question that prompted me to tell you all about steyers stamps being secure cheers ian

Very interesting Ian!

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast