Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Volksgewehr 1-5

Article about: Shooting a VG1-5 (Gustloffwerke) Rifle - YouTube An interesting video about a largely unknown weapon!.....

Default Volksgewehr 1-5

Shooting a VG1-5 (Gustloffwerke) Rifle - YouTube
    An interesting video about a largely unknown weapon!.....

Is he really going to shoot that thing???
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Ive been checking out the website for quite a while.

Forgotten Weapons

There are some nifty guns there and some nice ones are shot.

As a wise gun collector once told me "don't shoot anything mad last-ditch by the Germans. You will hurt yourself". Still pretty cool to watch though!

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Is he really going to shoot that thing???
    John
    He sure is!....
    Thanks for the link Scout, i didn't realise they had a wbsite!...

I really like this weapon. I put up a video on the forum a while back showing them being carried in action.

I got to handle one of these a couple of years ago, care of the Army. It is on my "to do list" to fire one. Next time we are on the range I will hopefully get the chance. Last time it was raining and they only wanted to put a limited number of rounds down her and not get it wet either.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I really like this weapon. I put up a video on the forum a while back showing them being carried in action.

I got to handle one of these a couple of years ago, care of the Army. It is on my "to do list" to fire one. Next time we are on the range I will hopefully get the chance. Last time it was raining and they only wanted to put a limited number of rounds down her and not get it wet either.

Cheers, Ade.
    I hope you get to fire it mate, film it if you can!....

Good video, thanks for posting. When the spring is assembled in the wrong way, and it doesn't slide all the way over the gas rings in a propper way (leaving the spring under pressure) these rifles can be dangerous.
    I saw a different variant of one of these up for sale last year. The seller told me it was used by the French resistance.

In Prague Museum