Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

volksgewehr does someone has it?

Article about: i saw a few old pictures on wikepedia but they wheren't mutch help so does someone has it (looking to bill) if you do try posting some pics please i am realy interested

Default volksgewehr does someone has it?

i saw a few old pictures on wikepedia but they wheren't mutch help
    so does someone has it (looking to bill) if you do try posting some pics

please i am realy interested

Default Re: volksgewehr does someone has it?

Quote by thierry View Post
    i saw a few old pictures on wikepedia but they wheren't mutch help
    so does someone has it (looking to bill) if you do try posting some pics

please i am realy interested
    Here is one from my collection..BILL

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...ine-bnz45.html
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

í'm sorry to say this but this is the volkskarabiner and not the volks gewehr that is a semi auto rifle that accepts stg44 mags

Quote by thierry View Post
    í'm sorry to say this but this is the volkskarabiner and not the volks gewehr that is a semi auto rifle that accepts stg44 mags
    What you are asking about is the VG1-5.. I'll post some info. this afternoon...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

German WWII VG 1-5 gas delayed blowback rifle

This rifle, as strange as it seems, fires a rifle cartridge from an unlocked breech!

At the time, possibly about 10,000 of these semiautomatic carbines were manufactured for civilian resistance use. Today, the VG 1-5 is exceedingly rare and is principally found only in noted arms museums.

Originally, the Volkssturm drew the greater part of its weapons from materiel captured by the Wehrmacht, but soon that supply was exhausted. In response, German industry exhibited remarkable resourcefulness by manufacturing serviceable weapons from basic materials and eminently uncomplicated production techniques. Machining and heat treating was kept to an bare minimum and steel tubing and pressed metal with welding, pins and rivets were used for component assembly.

The alternate weapons program was inaugurated to field basic shoulder arms chambered for both the 7.92x57mm long cartridge and the 7.92x33mm Kurz (short) cartridges. The designs covered single-shot and magazine-fed bolt-action rifles and semiautomatic carbines.

Early development efforts peaked during the autumn of 1944 and the weapons were demonstrated to Adolf Hitler during November 1944, according to Albert Speer’s prose. Among the models demonstrated to the Führer “leader” was a retarded blowback semi-automatic firing the Kurz cartridge, with a 30-round magazine, a model from the Gustloff Werke, Suhl.

I have never found one for my collection..Here are some picts.....BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture volksgewehr does someone has it?   volksgewehr does someone has it?  

thanks you so much this pic is so cleer