Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WaA 140 - Browning 1922 Pistol and Holster

Article about: Hello Folks - Kind of excited about the holster I just picked up. I have had the '22 Browning for quite a few years, with a pretty decent holster. I left it on the floor one evening and the

Default WaA 140 - Browning 1922 Pistol and Holster

Hello Folks -

Kind of excited about the holster I just picked up. I have had the '22 Browning for quite a few years, with a pretty decent holster. I left it on the floor one evening and the 'puppy' made a chew toy of it. My fault, I'm sure the leather was very attractive and tasty.

However, found this one and it just arrived. "HSY" stamped on the back, adorned with what I believe are German Navy or Officer buttons on the front and a typical GI knot on the bottom. It fits the '22 perfectly, but may also have held a PPk or another small caliber pistol. Have pulled two of the buttons, one unmarked the other as in the photo. Will do the third in a bit.

Lots of ink on the inside, most illegible, but there is an "S-707". Any idea of possible meaning?

Thanks for looking!
    - Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WaA 140 - Browning 1922 Pistol and Holster   WaA 140 - Browning 1922 Pistol and Holster  

WaA 140 - Browning 1922 Pistol and Holster  

Is that an RZM mark on the button?.....

Yes, it is. Here is a photo of the 'hsy' on the back. Next to it is an eagle with downward pointing wings over '7'. Well worn, but I can make that much out on the eagle (WaA?).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WaA 140 - Browning 1922 Pistol and Holster  

Hmmmm.... interesting.

Interesting.........

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Yup, don't know what to make of it. As I look at it again, what I thought was an "S" inked on the inside, looks like it may be an eagle and swastika beneath.....huh! Regardless, I have to believe it is a one-of-a-kind, and has certainly seen some wear and tear, somewhere.
    Last edited by MikeS0000; 09-02-2015 at 02:50 AM.

Looks like Luftwaffe droop wing eagle over 7 found on gravity knives, fighting knives and Luft marked flare pistols. timothy

Here is a similar Luftwaffe proof on a fighting knife. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WaA 140 - Browning 1922 Pistol and Holster  

Thank you Timothy! That would be it. Guess this is one of those 'if it could only talk....' items. But it does have some stories to tell.

Not trying to be impertinent, but why on Earth did you have a pistol in a holster lying on the Floor?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast