Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Walther Model 4

Article about: Here's a rather nice little pistol which came my way the other day. Its a 7.65mm Walther Model 4, second pattern - probably circa late 1917 or 1918. The pistol has matching numbers to the fr

?

That walther looks like it was made to be fitted with a silencer

No, its just a standard model 4.

?

A very nice looking Walther #4.
    So is it a shooter or has it been dewat'ed?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hi Phil,

I prefer to say 'deactivated.' If you look closely at the pictures you will see the slot cut into the underside of the barrel. Although I served for my country, and used to do some shooting in the late 70's after I came out of the Army- and then again about 15 years ago, I always found it boring. It is the mechanics and the history of firearms which really interest me. I have always been rather puzzled by your country's position on 'dewat'ed' guns, and insistence that the receivers are chopped up with a blowtorch. And yet most people over there are free to own and shoot almost any kind of gun they like!

Cheers,
    Steve.

Very nice pistol

I have this ground-dug Model 4(fourth variant 1924-1929) in my collection - found in Denmark.
    ...barrel bushing and grips, are not ground-dug.

Info about the Model 4....Walther Model 4

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walther Model 4   Walther Model 4  

Deactivated by nature! Still an interesting little weapon to see though! When I was in Northern Ireland, the IRA often used weapons against us that were in a similar condition to your pistol. As long as the gun was capable of firing a bullet, they would use it.

?

Strange. The gun ejects to the left and not the right like most auto pistols

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2