Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Walther P-38 for review

Article about: Forum Please assist. I will share what information I have found and please correct it and add what you may know. This is a Walther P-38 made in November 1944. All parts are matching (maybe n

Default Walther P-38 for review

Forum

Please assist. I will share what information I have found and please correct it and add what you may know.

This is a Walther P-38 made in November 1944. All parts are matching (maybe not the mag and holster) and this is not a Russian Capture dipped in rubber paint. The silver pin is not black and has never been painted. I believe this is an original, untouched, P-38. The holster appears to be original and not a common one as late war holsters were soft. The holster is by an uncommon maker, based on Waffenamt, and made in '44 also. The magazine, I know nothing but the vets son said his dad gave it to him with the pistol and numerous other items.

Please provide your opinions and I will need to make an offer on this. What is the current price a DEALER would pay for such a piece? I told the vet I would beat any dealers price.

Greenhorn

Walther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for reviewWalther P-38 for review
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walther P-38 for review   Walther P-38 for review  

Walther P-38 for review  
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Default Re: Walther P-38 for review

A solid late war AC 44 Brownie with nazi proofs. It looks to be all matching, as you said, and the clamshell holster is in decent shape as well but it does have some pitting and typical late war thin blue finish. You might pay in the range of 800 dollars for such a set if you bought it from a dealer(maybe abit more, depending on how honest the seller is), so you can figure that a dealer would generally give about half of what he could sell it for.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    A solid late war AC 44 Brownie with nazi proofs. It looks to be all matching, as you said, and the clamshell holster is in decent shape as well but it does have some pitting and typical late war thin blue finish. You might pay in the range of 800 dollars for such a set if you bought it from a dealer(maybe abit more, depending on how honest the seller is), so you can figure that a dealer would generally give about half of what he could sell it for.
    William, thank you for your reply. Just what I was hoping to hear, much appreciated. Agreed, not a perfect specimen but just right for my needs. It does look better in hand withough pictures that really show all the faults, you know? I'll clean it, shoot it, clean it, and display it. Now I'll wait for some key members to reply. lol

My gratitude, William.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

It could use a good cleaning and oiling.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    It could use a good cleaning and oiling.
    It'll get the spa treatment. Probably with nylon brushes.

At least it is a true Walther from the "AC" markings. Since all numbers match, that is even better yet. Later issued P-38's (post 1942), in this condition sound about right on price from what the gentlemen earlier said. Now keep in mind this is a true Walther, not a Czech made one. Especially with the "AC" markings these are investment grade guns. If you can get it and sit on it for a bit you wont be disappointed on your return. Good luck and hope you get it.

Quote by octavian View Post
    At least it is a true Walther from the "AC" markings. Since all numbers match, that is even better yet. Later issued P-38's (post 1942), in this condition sound about right on price from what the gentlemen earlier said. Now keep in mind this is a true Walther, not a Czech made one. Especially with the "AC" markings these are investment grade guns. If you can get it and sit on it for a bit you wont be disappointed on your return. Good luck and hope you get it.
    Thanks, good to hear! No plans to get rid of it though. Have to make it mine first. How can you tell it's not Czech made? Due to the Waffenamt stamps being present?

Green, I know nothing about these guns so I can't really give an opinion other than to say it looks good to me, but I can appreciate the photos you have taken of it. Your photography skills are exceptional and the detail in them is really good!

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Green, I know nothing about these guns so I can't really give an opinion other than to say it looks good to me, but I can appreciate the photos you have taken of it. Your photography skills are exceptional and the detail in them is really good!
    Thanks Sandgroper! I'm quite sure it's a good, all-original piece but a couple more opinions should finish it off for me. I'd like no doubts to be present. Thank you for your kind post re pics. I wanted to provide enough detail for folks to give an opinion.

Damn... threads like these make me wish I had my pistol permit! Nice one, Green!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast