Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Walther P38

Article about: Here is my P38, deact of course with me being in the UK. Serial number 3924K. (December 1943.) Maker marked ‘CYQ’ for "Spreewerk GmbH Berlin - Spandau". Being a later war produced

?

Default Re: Walther P38

Ade. A nice looking P-38. I have a non-matching number, war year P-38. With the non-matching numbers it is a shooter ( I try to shoot it at least twice a month ,here in the States- I only have to go to the back of my property-but after Jan 20 things may change big time). Now my dumb question-In the USA, for a P-38 to demand a good collector price it must have matching numbers and be in an un-alter factory state, or it is just a shooter( I think that I have $300.00 in mine). Now in the UK, with all of the weapons having to be deactivated does the weapon still demand a collector price?

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

I was typing and BAM it closed. I guess I was hitting the keys too hard? damnable keyboard!

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

I have owned and fired a myriad of firearms over the years. I bought Lugers and P 38's in the late 50's when they were less than $50 each! I found the P 38 to be a good shooter, but NOTHING compared to the Luger! Never have I fired such a gun! You just aim, and hit the target!

Hi Georg, yes, even with deact weapons in the UK, matching number examples are more sought after and will command a better price.

Cheers, Ade.

Jon Damnit
    ?

Adrian, Hello... I know this thread is close to a year old but thought I would post to it. I recently received my fathers Spreewerk P38 after he past away and must say it looks very much like yours. Right down to the grips. He brought it back from West Germany in 1955 and kept it hidden away since I was born in 1964. After receiving my P38 I went through it, cleaned and checked it over. Each year on my fathers birthday I take my sons to the range here in California and we put a few rounds through it. Hope you have many more chances to fire one like yours soon... Jon

Exclamation Re: Walther P38

Quote by Jon Damnit View Post
    Adrian, Hello... I know this thread is close to a year old but thought I would post to it. I recently received my fathers Spreewerk P38 after he past away and must say it looks very much like yours. Right down to the grips. He brought it back from West Germany in 1955 and kept it hidden away since I was born in 1964. After receiving my P38 I went through it, cleaned and checked it over. Each year on my fathers birthday I take my sons to the range here in California and we put a few rounds through it. Hope you have many more chances to fire one like yours soon... Jon

I had a really nice all matching P38 / Byf43 made by Mauser and I use to fire it regularly with Winchester white box FMJ rds from Walmart, after firing approximately 3,000 rds through it the slide cracked all the way through near the locking lug and ruined a nice piece!

since yours is a family heirloom, I would recommend you fire it as littlle as possible or dont fire it at all! also make sure to use strong recoil springs and change them regularly, the springs wear quickly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2