Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Walther p38

Article about: Beautiful gun! Even if it is deactivated! I love the brown bakelite grips, you don't see too many with those. I'm curious, how do they deactivate a gun over there? In the states, to "de

Default Re: Walther p38

Hi Andy
    I try to look at the deac stamp as the last proof mark that the gun will ever need most guns are covered in stamps through there lives this is just the last one it is done by the proof house.
    i know what you mean though
    Andy

Great addition Andy....love the red grips. Are you going to add a holster?

?

Quote by Jason L View Post
    Great addition Andy....love the red grips. Are you going to add a holster?
    Hi Jason, And thanks. I will definately be on the look out for a nice original holster.

Cheers
    Andy

Nice pistol Andy, if it has that horrible DA stamp done by the London proof house try rubbing a bit of gun-blue on it to take the shine away. Soldier Of Fortune are selling spare P38 mags at a very reasonable price, although they are post-war - but good for putting in a holster.

Harry.

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Nice pistol Andy, if it has that horrible DA stamp done by the London proof house try rubbing a bit of gun-blue on it to take the shine away. Soldier Of Fortune are selling spare P38 mags at a very reasonable price, although they are post-war - but good for putting in a holster.

Harry.
    Cheers Harry!! Yes, The proof house have stamped it DA/10 and it looks bad... Where would I get gun blue?
    Cheers
    Andy

Hi Andy,
    You should be able to get it from any gunshop really. You are better off using the cream for such a small area. The stuff I use is called G96 GUN BLUE CREAM. All you do is de-grease the area with nail-polish remover. Then put some of the cream on a cotton-wool bud, (those things you use for digging out your ears) and apply to the proof-mark with a rubbing motion. Neutralise with a drop of water, and then wipe with an oily rag. Job done! If you have any problems getting the cream just send me a private message and let me know. You could also try for this stuff on e-bay.

Harry.

?

Cheers Harry! I will try and pick some up.

Thanks
    Andy

Very nice pistol in great shape Andy. The grips are in really good shape. It would be nice if you could shoot it, but you can't so why dwell on it. You've got a nice pistol and that's the important part.

Take care,
    Jay

?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Very nice pistol in great shape Andy. The grips are in really good shape. It would be nice if you could shoot it, but you can't so why dwell on it. You've got a nice pistol and that's the important part.

Take care,
    Jay
    Cheers Jay, If this is the only way that we can own the firearms then so be it! My MP40 is totally welded and the mag has had the top cut off and the spring removed. It is just a hunk of metal now but is still an original piece of History!!
    Cheers
    Andy

A beautiful hunk of metal Andy. I'd love to have an MP40 deac or not. Enjoy them both.

Jay

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast