Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Walther p38

Article about: Beautiful gun! Even if it is deactivated! I love the brown bakelite grips, you don't see too many with those. I'm curious, how do they deactivate a gun over there? In the states, to "de

Default Re: Walther p38

I had a Very odd P38 which had waffenampt stamps on all matching parts and a post-war attached double headed eagle badge to both grips. I showed it around to some gun dealers in California and nobody could ID it. I eventually sold it about 15 years ago when I was in need of money along with 2 boxes of ammo and 2 spare magazines. It was in perfect shape. I let it all go fo 300 dollars at the time. The grips were shiny black. Anybody have an idea of what the attached badges to the grips might have been? Sadly, I have no photos left of this pistol.

Ade, thanks for the cleanup job. Glad to see this thread back on track.

Blondi

your P38 was captured by the russians, the 2 (stylized) crossed rifles above the serialnumber is the give-away.

Nice pistol even deactivated, be lucky you live in Ireland, your pistol stil has a moving slide.

Jean

thanks ADE, anyway like I said, that is a very nice p-38 Andy it is a very prime & cherry pistol, good grab man.

Saw one CYQ with Holster sell for 1250.00 this last weekend.

?

Guys thanks for all of your kind words and your input to this thread! Glad we are back on track.

Cheers Guys
    (& Thanks Ade)
    Enough said!!
    Andy

?

Quote by Redgemak View Post
    Blondi

your P38 was captured by the russians, the 2 (stylized) crossed rifles above the serialnumber is the give-away.

Nice pistol even deactivated, be lucky you live in Ireland, your pistol stil has a moving slide.

Jean
    Thanks Jean, I wasn't aware of that. Usually the Russian captured weapons have mismatched numbers and the electro stencel marks added. I have a K98 rifle and an MG34 like this. Some people don't really like them because of this but I think the marks show the history and provenance of the gun. I would buy them all day long!!
    Cheers
    Andy

Quote by ncblksmth1 View Post
    Saw one CYQ with Holster sell for 1250.00 this last weekend.
    I wish I had kept mine now! I still don't know what the double headed eagles on the grips were, but they did not look Austrian or czarist.

?

Quote by tampalam View Post
    I had a Very odd P38 which had waffenampt stamps on all matching parts and a post-war attached double headed eagle badge to both grips. I showed it around to some gun dealers in California and nobody could ID it. I eventually sold it about 15 years ago when I was in need of money along with 2 boxes of ammo and 2 spare magazines. It was in perfect shape. I let it all go fo 300 dollars at the time. The grips were shiny black. Anybody have an idea of what the attached badges to the grips might have been? Sadly, I have no photos left of this pistol.

Ade, thanks for the cleanup job. Glad to see this thread back on track.
    Its a shame there are no photos, soulds very interesting indeed. I have never come across anything quite like it but will keep my eyes open!!!

Cheers
    Andy

Quote by BLONDI View Post
    Thanks Jean, I wasn't aware of that. Usually the Russian captured weapons have mismatched numbers and the electro stencel marks added. I have a K98 rifle and an MG34 like this. Some people don't really like them because of this but I think the marks show the history and provenance of the gun. I would buy them all day long!!
    Cheers
    Andy
    Andy if your k98 & MG34 are in pretty good shape, I would like to own them , even if the Russians had put x's & O's on them. thanks again for showing the P-38 it is one of the nicest I have seen.

regards Marty.

Tampalam

and to confuse you a bit more, follow the link

Double-headed eagle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jean

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast