Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Walther P38 case of issue

Article about: Hi, this is today`s small find A Walther P38 case of issue, sadly no P38 It seems old but im not sure how old, since i have not seen a wartime cardbox of issue. The owner was an old lady, sh

Default Walther P38 case of issue

Hi, this is today`s small find
    A Walther P38 case of issue, sadly no P38
    It seems old but im not sure how old, since i have not seen a wartime cardbox of issue.
    The owner was an old lady, she no longer had the weapons because they had become state property since the passing of her husband(army officer)

If anyone can provide more information on the case, please do so.
    Thanks
    Anyway, enjoy

Cheers
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walther P38 case of issue   Walther P38 case of issue  

I believe I'm correct in saying that it would not be labeled P38 if it was postwar...the Bundeswehr used the same weapon but renamed it the P1....cheers, Glenn

As far as I know the box is for the Japanese all metal repro that was made in the 70's. So I don't think its for a real all singing all dancing P.38.
    D.

Yikes! Hadn't thought of that, lol!
    cheers, Glenn

Ok, thanks for the reply`s and help.
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

I once owned a 1965 manufactured alloy slide commercial P38 (box and gun were labelled as such) and it came in an identical box.

My box also contained a test target produced when the quality department signed off the gun at the end of the manufacturing process.

ian
    ?

i think you may meen an alloy frame ,, but other than that yes i agree a post war box ,, for a comercial P38 ,, they were the equivelent of the P1 but P38 in the civilan designation ,, replicas would have had to abide by the law ,,and not use the walther logo without concent ,so i do believe that this is a post war P38/P1 box

?

Quote by ian View Post
    i think you may mean an alloy frame
    thanks - that is what I meant.

ian
    ?

no probs Meteor i thoaught you may have got mixed up a bit i realy do not see ww2 P38s being deliverd to units in ,individual cardboard boxes ,,,10 each in a wooden crate ,,i can see that ,,??