Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Walther PP Wartime production private purchase

Article about: I picked this one up over the weekend. #283131P Military finish in the middle of wartime production. My guess is late 42 or early 43. Any help in narrowing down is appreciated. This one lack

Default Walther PP Wartime production private purchase

I picked this one up over the weekend. #283131P Military finish in the middle of wartime production. My guess is late 42 or early 43. Any help in narrowing down is appreciated. This one lacks a WaA359 stamp anywhere. It looks really good in hand and in natural light. The photos reveal some pitting on the left trigger guard and a small area on the right side. If this is refinished it certainly fooled me but is very concerning to me. The pics do not lie. Would this be another private purchase gun with a military finish during wartime production or the WaA has been ground off? Opinions are appreciated. Who was allowed to private purchase pistols during wartime production? Is there documented serial number ranges for such items? The mag has the small Walther banner but is mm and not m/m. Post war mag?
    John

Walther PP Wartime production private purchaseWalther PP Wartime production private purchaseWalther PP Wartime production private purchaseWalther PP Wartime production private purchaseWalther PP Wartime production private purchaseWalther PP Wartime production private purchaseWalther PP Wartime production private purchaseWalther PP Wartime production private purchaseWalther PP Wartime production private purchaseWalther PP Wartime production private purchaseWalther PP Wartime production private purchase

Looks great and original finish not messed with,a very nice cond. ww2 commercial PP.You are correct the mag is postwar, the markings on my mag shown are correct,here is my PP ser. 247445,close to yours,this one has the 359 army acceptance proofs,but officers could buy a commercial one if they wanted to and many did.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walther PP Wartime production private purchase   Walther PP Wartime production private purchase  

Walther PP Wartime production private purchase  

Thank you for the reply.
    Are there any known records from Walther on blocks of serial numbers that were set aside for private purchase? I find it hard to believe that one off items were pulled from the assembly line prior to the waffenamt stamp and sold privately.
    John

Walther produced some for commercial sales but were only available to officers or other non military party members/officials.No records on who bought them were kept as far as I know.