MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Walther ppk Help!

Article about: Hello, this is Julekpl again. I have a Walther ppk I am interested in. It has 2 small Nazi eagles stamped on one side of the firearm, and serials as well. There are documents that show that

Default Walther ppk Help!

Hello, this is Julekpl again. I have a Walther ppk I am interested in. It has 2 small Nazi eagles stamped on one side of the firearm, and serials as well. There are documents that show that this weapon was taken from a Nazi at the end of the war, probably from a POW. Any information helps; rarity, and or value. I am not too knowledgeable on these handguns myself.

Thank you

Walther ppk Help!Walther ppk Help!Walther ppk Help!Walther ppk Help!Walther ppk Help!

Default Re: Walther ppk Help!

Well its nice that it has capture papers but unfortunatly it looks like some one has taken scotchbright to the blue finish. Your serial is very close to my own but I can't see the Walther banner on the left of the slide, is it there? Also, my eagles are on the left, one under the mag release button and one on the slide under the walther banner.

The only Walther banner is on the grip, I don't see it anywhere else. Maybe this is a latter version? I am not sure. These eagles are also different then the ones I've seen on PPKs. The only other place where I've seen these eagles is on my fathers Mauser.

?

Julekpl, What you actually have is a Walther PP pistol as a last ditch variant. The p at the end of the serial number stands for PP and a k would stand for a PPK. FYI. There were only about 9000 of the PP pistols made later than this one. Not having a Walther legend (the ac mark is actually the wartime code for Walther) and having rough or no finish is indicative of these very late pistols. From what I can tell from Stills book, EVERYTHING regarding this pistol is correct for a last ditch model and it being matching is a plus.

Many collectors are interested in these last ditch pistols, but most think they are ugly, bastard children. Personally, I'm not into them enough to be able to give you a fair $$ value. BTW. Capture papers are a big plus and add value to the pistol!!

Bob
    Last edited by rambob; 12-24-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Thats intresting Bob, I found another on the forum here

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...d-dsc03777.jpg

Ah so it is a later version. It is at auction at around $160, but I will try to go for it. I thought that it was later, mainly because the other Walther pistols I saw larger eagle marks, but on the other side of the gun. Thank you for your help

I would grab it for that amount. Should be able to sell for a hell of a lot more than that

I would have grabbed it for that much too, but it went for $550. Far too much for a last resort walther pp

$550 its preaty cheap compared to uks prices we get that for a post war deactivated pp not a wartime one you yanks sure are lucky

Well that may be true, but I would prefer to buy more items for $550 than just one pp. It was a bit too expensive for my taste Of and I am Polish, even though I live in America, which in a way excludes me from my Yankeeness

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast