Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WARNING PE Scope scammer on forum.

Article about: Even my newspaper photos? :O can you give me a link where those images and ads are?

Default Re: WARNING PE Scope scammer on forum.

Corey, perform a search for the persona PAWEL NOWAK- here, Google, or otherwise.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

But I am not him. I did not know that posting on several forums from the same item was forbidden. I explained my self to the admin and well draw your conclusions. And I asked here on this site for the first time I didnt even know what I had. I am not a collector, just trying to sell my fathers old PE scope and mount that he got from a buddy of his whos father passed away. I had an ad here but its been deletwd during the recent events. I am sorry but I am not this Pavel dude. i just found a bunch of forums and posted ads to collector sites for quick sale. Someone here talked the admind in to banning me. Not exacly who I dont know, but I had few biddings on it and then things went to hell.

?

I was the one here who alerted the admins to the issues people had with how you handled the sale of the scope (my screen name on Gunboards is Devious6). I assume they checked it out and opted to ban you. Your approach set off all the bells and whistles of a scammer: listing on multiple boards without stating that, accepting offers and then telling the person you had a better offer, etc. In my PM to you yesterday, I explained why people reacted as they did. Classic Pawel Novak behavior.

This "hobby," perhaps more so than many others, depends on trust and one's ethics. There are many fakes and people who sell them, and there are many who just take a buyer's money and disappear. I would guess that the vast majority of us have been burned at least once. Perhaps you are who you say you are - the son of the owner although we don't know your age - and perhpas you have learned a very valuable lesson through all this about the tightness of militaria collectors and their total disdain for scammers.

Your scope looks legit - I was also the person who originally posted your pictures on Gunboards to confirm it was real. I knew it was worth more than I was willing to invest so I put you in contact with Mike. It was your actions that soured the deal - not Mike's or anyone else's attitude. And, as I noted above one's reputation is all the one has to secure the trust of a buyer. Someone will buy your father's scope eventually (which you should know by US standards the offers were at the high end of the value) and I sincerely hope that you turn out to be who you say you are and deliver on the deal.

If nothing else, I hope you learned a bit through this fiasco.

I found a third party collector who is willing to do the deal from finland he has good reputation and deals with Jepari on gunboards. Hope someone will buy it now when all the haze fades off.

I am going to meet him in 4 hours cuz he lives like 30km where I live. Hell make surre its legid and I am no scammer.

?

I banned 'Badlucklove' yesterday afternoon in response to a new member posting warnings about the afore mentioned member being a scammer.

I checked the scope being sold and it appeared on several shooting forums being sold by a known alias of the known scammer Pawel Nowak. It may be a very bad coincidence that your photos are being used by someone else so I suggest to put members minds at ease, you can provide proof the scope is actually in your possession by posting a photo of it on todays newspaper for example.

As mentioned previously, your modus operandi is very similar to a scammer and members have every right to be suspicious of such behaviour. As a community it is within our own interests to make known any potential person who is out to steal our money and items.

If you are the victim of poor coincidence and I banned you in error then I offer my sincere apologies. I hope you can understand the reasons why and you can take steps to put members minds at ease over your intentions.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I totally understand. But now theres no problem since I have the finnish collector vouching for me.

?

There is an important lesson to be learnt here and that involves the committment of the forums new members, it seems that anyone can join and immediately post an item for sale without having any social contact on the main forum nor have any previous posts, is there a system in place or software that can be initiated that restricts the sale of items until the seller has posted or interacted on the main forum for a set number of posts, or say a month of membership and donation, im sure that in this way it would sift out the one time posters who only try to sell an item and then move on never to be heard from again, it would also give the members here some form of confidence in who they are dealing with, most scammers will not wish to stay around for long on a forum if they cannot sell there item straight away

?

I totally agree with you there Davejb, thats a good idea!! I buy items from this forum & so far everyone has been spot on but I would niffed right off if someone just took my money & ran!!! Also it doesnt help the "real" sellers!! otherwise people will think twice before buying which is a shame!! because on here you would like to thing most things are what they say they are.. Ahem Terry.

Yeah, and new members get accused of being scammers without any reason. It's good to be careful, but instantly marking one as a scammer is also a hindering factor for new members to come and sell good stuff to you collectors.
    Then eventually when people loose trust things will go retail and there will be only an inbred circle of collectors who miss a lot of good scores. I had my scope vouched by a known finnish member at the gunboards forum, I sat face to face with him and he checked the scope and told me as far as he can tell it's the real deal.

Apology accepted
    Quote by Adrian View Post
    I banned 'Badlucklove' yesterday afternoon in response to a new member posting warnings about the afore mentioned member being a scammer.

I checked the scope being sold and it appeared on several shooting forums being sold by a known alias of the known scammer Pawel Nowak. It may be a very bad coincidence that your photos are being used by someone else so I suggest to put members minds at ease, you can provide proof the scope is actually in your possession by posting a photo of it on todays newspaper for example.

As mentioned previously, your modus operandi is very similar to a scammer and members have every right to be suspicious of such behaviour. As a community it is within our own interests to make known any potential person who is out to steal our money and items.

If you are the victim of poor coincidence and I banned you in error then I offer my sincere apologies. I hope you can understand the reasons why and you can take steps to put members minds at ease over your intentions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast