Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Weathering replica firearms

Article about: Hey guys,Ive purchased some denix replicas to go with mannequins I have but don't know how to weather them to get the older look..are there any books or good videos giving you reliable guide

?

Default Weathering replica firearms

Hey guys,Ive purchased some denix replicas to go with mannequins I have but don't know how to weather them to get the older look..are there any books or good videos giving you reliable guides for this and if so has anyone on WRF tried it before? Cheers Sean

?

Even if someone can suggest a book or some such to help

Fine wire wool on the metal,,bang it around little on the stock,,i used boot polish to age the wood get it right into the grain,, results are pretty good.

?

Thanks greatwhite,what colour boot polish..black?

Yes, i used to liquid type,, i will put some pictures up soon,,,there are lots of options it depends on what type of finish and color you want.

Here you go, the denix is below an original deact. took me around 10 miins to get the finish, i need to put a few dings in it,, a aged sling and turn the butt swivel around to the correct angle. Glare is from camera flash,, it is a matt finish.

Their Colt 1911 comes already done.

?

Hey that denix looks fantastic mate,battle worn is what im looking for..ill be getting boot polish today..thanks mate!

Nice,, put up some pictures when you have done them.

?

Weathering replica firearmsWeathering replica firearmsWeathering replica firearmsWeathering replica firearms

Hi greatwhite,attached some pictures of my garand,have filed the bayonet lug and muzzle to accept a genuine one,installed a clip and 2 x dummy rounds for looks and painted with a parkerised look paint that another member helped me with..she looks great after your boot polish practice,cheers Sean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast