Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Webley Fosberry & Webley Mk 1 N

Article about: I have longed for both of these Webley's it seems forever and was lucky enough to find them in the last few years. The Fosberry is incredibly accurate and produces one ragged hole 5 shot gro

?

Default Re: Webley Fosberry & Webley Mk 1 N

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Sean Connery from the very good 70s sci fi film 'Zardoz'-"The gun is good, the penis is evil".
    Im not holding my breath, but still scanning the skies for a giant flying head spewing guns!*

Only rarely happens round here though.

Plus with my luck, they would be deactivated

I realize that makes absolutely no sense at all, if one hasnt watched 'Zardoz.'

Available on DVD.

Samnev,

I shot my 1906 Fosbery with surplus .455 and it worked fine. When we loaded the commercial Hornady loads, that were a lot lighter we ran into sear engagement issues.

He was an interesting inventor, winner of the Victoria Cross.
    The revolver was designed around a Colt SAA, but only Webley showed interest enough to pay to develop the idea.
    He also designed a paradox shotgun/rifle.

Worth reading about - for those with a taste for history, which would be anyone visiting this site, lol.

Pit.

Great target pistols but impractical service weapons-were rapidly replaced by those officers with private purchase examples-the action was very vulnerable to clogging with dirt/mud in the trenches.

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Great guns.

I have to post this pic again (as I did when a previous Webley-Fosbery was shown).

The forum expect samnev to dress like this and pose with the Webley-Fosbery in the 'Who is talking?' thread!

PS
    I belive its Fosbery with one 'r.'

If I ever posedd like that I'd be kicked unceremoniously of the site and banished forever. My spellinh has never been my forte.

?

Quote by pitfighter View Post
    Samnev,

I shot my 1906 Fosbery with surplus .455 and it worked fine. When we loaded the commercial Hornady loads, that were a lot lighter we ran into sear engagement issues.

He was an interesting inventor, winner of the Victoria Cross.
    The revolver was designed around a Colt SAA, but only Webley showed interest enough to pay to develop the idea.
    He also designed a paradox shotgun/rifle.

Worth reading about - for those with a taste for history, which would be anyone visiting this site, lol.

Pit.
    I reloaded mine with 230 grain .452 230 grain lead projos and IIRC 5.5 grains of Unique using Fiocchi commercial ammo once fired brass I bought for my Mk VI Webley. Not a single problem. You are correct 1 r in Fosbery . Spelling has never been my forte.

Sam

?

Quote by samnev View Post
    If I ever posedd like that I'd be kicked unceremoniously of the site and banished forever.
    Nah, give it a try

You'd only get kicked, if you placed a fake skull on the cod piece of your Zardoz movie outfit

What Real Man doesn't own an orange posing pouch and thigh length leather boots? I have several including WaffenAmt marked examples 'Lederlieber auf Kinksburg'

?

Hahaaah - exactly!

To get a little more on track-WW1 RN Officer trainees using a variety of Webley autos and (probably) Webley MkV revolvers one handed-also a pic of a female officer with a Webley MkVI-they made them tough in the RN...her next class was cutlass duelling!

(Apologies for the picture quality-shots of a book).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Webley Fosberry & Webley Mk 1 N   Webley Fosberry & Webley Mk 1 N  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast