Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Webley Mk"V" .455 revolver

Article about: Hi all, Found this Rare example at a fair a few weekends back, have personally never seen a mk 5 in person before and the ones I have seen online tend to have the 4" barrels . This exam

Default Webley Mk"V" .455 revolver

Hi all,

Found this Rare example at a fair a few weekends back, have personally never seen a mk 5 in person before and the ones I have seen online tend to have the 4" barrels . This example has a nice date of 1915 and a 6" barrel making it a nice ww1 British revolver. Wasn't actually looking for one at the show but was instead looking for a mk 6 but managed to get this for the same price and decided that it was a better idea to go with the more scarce Pistol.

Webley Mk"V" .455 revolverWebley Mk"V" .455 revolverWebley Mk"V" .455 revolver

Thanks

Liam

Is it still a live weapon?

If only, in the UK Pistols are prohibited Firearms. This one has been deactivated.
    would love to have a go shooting one for real but unless I move from the uk its near impossible to do so.

A pity-I've said this before, but people in the UK need to organise as a collectors' society to lobby for a license category to allow the possession of historic weapons-you'd be unlikely to get SMGs/MGs but a 100 year old service pistol shouldn't be a huge problem.

?

Well there's rumblings in the pipeline that even "historic" weapons in the UK will fall under a certain license soon, due to some idiots using antique weapons in robberies.
    I suspect they will draw a demarcation line with self contained cartridge weapons of ANY age, whether obsolete calibre or not ......

Whatever the outcome, the Police are pushing to have ALL firearm weapons registered no matter what age or status !

The situation in here WA is currently that muzzle loaders made pre 1900 don't require registration-everything else does but there are different types of license for sport or range shooting and for collecting-semi auto long arms are not allowed for most people (apart from limited use by some farmers for pest control) -there are no limits on the numbers of weapons on a collectors license-one person I know has well over 1500 on his!

getting back to the subject at hand. You have a nice revolver there, Mate.

Cheers,

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    A pity-I've said this before, but people in the UK need to organise as a collectors' society to lobby for a license category to allow the possession of historic weapons-you'd be unlikely to get SMGs/MGs but a 100 year old service pistol shouldn't be a huge problem.
    you do realise that you can "purchase" one under section 7.3 home office rules? Which basically means you can buy it, and store it at a location authorized by the UK government, which at the moment is Bisley and somewhere up north, either that, or come over to the Isle of Man. I'm an RFD and have lots of toys to play with and I am a qualified RCO

I have heard about section 7.3 rules it still seems like it would be difficult to obtain one.
    You lads in the isle of man and the channel islanders are lucky in the fact you can still be trusted with pistols.
    The only opportunity i've had to shoot pistols was in Jersey, loved it and really saw what we on the mainland are missing.
    fully intent to do some more shooting tourism at some point.

Quote by Liam Gallagher View Post
    I have heard about section 7.3 rules it still seems like it would be difficult to obtain one.
    You lads in the isle of man and the channel islanders are lucky in the fact you can still be trusted with pistols.
    The only opportunity i've had to shoot pistols was in Jersey, loved it and really saw what we on the mainland are missing.
    fully intent to do some more shooting tourism at some point.
    LOL. It's not the mainland, it's the "other island" If you are ever across here, where the sun shines brightly, give me a shout, I'll take you up and have some "fun"