Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Webley & Scott MARK IV

Article about: It was a good show this weekend. I've been looking for an Enfield No2 Mk1, but those seem to have all but disappeared here. I thought this would fit the bill until I find the Enfield. I can'

Default Webley & Scott MARK IV

It was a good show this weekend. I've been looking for an Enfield No2 Mk1, but those seem to have all but disappeared here. I thought this would fit the bill until I find the Enfield. I can't find any doates on it other than the FTR 53, so it's been gone over at least once. This one hasn't been messed with, the last one I found had been blued by the owner because he didn't like the paint finish. I have a box of .380 (.38 S&W) in the basement, but we're having a blizzard today so I'll just stay here and think of warm things instead.

Holster is dated 1942, is it FW&S LTD. ? I can make out the W&S but not the first letter.

Webley & Scott MARK IV
    Webley & Scott MARK IV
    Webley & Scott MARK IV
    Webley & Scott MARK IV
    Webley & Scott MARK IV
    Webley & Scott MARK IV
    Webley & Scott MARK IV

Default Re: Webley & Scott MARK IV

Nice looking Webley

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Holster is a 37 Pattern type for the .38 Webley by M.W.&S. Ltd. They can go for around $80.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ahh, thanks Ned that kept buggin me, I knew, but it just wouldn't come lol This getting older stuff is for the birds.

Thanks John, I like it. Lookig forward to trying it out at the range.

?

Nice rig and great find. Anything that nice is getting very difficult to find these days.

?

Very nice! I need to add one of these to my collection.

I know what you mean Sam, the sad thing is how many sporterized milsurps you find at these shows. Most of the pistols are left as is at least. I bought the webbing so I could put together an officer's likeness, but now I'm thinking MP instead, now I have 2 pistols n all

They are fun to shoot Mark, the trigger pull on my No2 Mk1* is horrible, but hardly any recoil. I'm hoping this one likes me better lol