Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Well Traveled 98k Rifle

Article about: mitchells mausers is a big scam in general. those k98's that they "found" in "warehouses that havent been opened wince WWII" are just russian capture rifles with the shel

Default Re: Well Traveled 98k Rifle

mitchells mausers is a big scam in general. those k98's that they "found" in "warehouses that havent been opened wince WWII" are just russian capture rifles with the shellac stripped off of the stocks.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    mitchells mausers is a big scam in general. those k98's that they "found" in "warehouses that havent been opened wince WWII" are just russian capture rifles with the shellac stripped off of the stocks.
    well, I'm just glad mine did turn out to be a Russian capture, because they are pawning off a lot of yugo m-48's as well, so at lest I know mine is a German mauser & not an m-48. what makes me mad is I saw their add in the American Legion magazine. which I am a member of & a lifetime member of the D.A.V.

Did a little checking, about FEDERAL ORDNANCE, INC.
    Previous manufacturer, importer, and distributor located in South El Monte, CA from 1966-1992. Briklee Trading Co. bought the remaining assets of Federal Ordnance, Inc. in late 1992, and continued to import various firearms until circa 1998.
    Federal Ordnance imported and distributed both foreign and domestic military handguns and rifles until 1992. In addition, they also fabricated firearms using mostly newer parts.
    So this rifle has been stateside since at least 92.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2