Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Welrod anyone?

Article about: (Dunno if its the right topic) How it pains me to see this wonderful pistol for sale, but not being able to buy it. If anyone else would be interested, you can see it on Rask Antik. It is lo

Default Re: Welrod anyone?

First one I see, never heard of!!
    Good to now , I would have guessed it was a plumbers tool...
    ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by davejb View Post
    I daresay that the ordinary GI never even got to see one let alone handle one, they were used on SOE and covert operations and designed for one purpose , close quarter assassination either on high profile targets or sentries, but they somehow managed to get over there
    This is the first time i have seen a real picture of one as i have used one on a Video game called "Medal of Honor" Pacific assault. I was put into Shanghai on a covert operation and the welrod was the only gun I had to use once I got up onto the docks and taken out all the japanese sentries. Funny....even in video games one can tell the difference in the hitting power of a weapon. Quiet and deadly...and all it took was one shot. To see a real picture of one is very nice construction.

?

Quote by command450 View Post
    yes indeed. It sure makes me think theres only one way they would ever make it over here, given what it is. I wonder if maybe some were delivered to resistance groups in europe by brit opperatives?

It sure is a unique piece of WWII history.thats for sure !!
    Yes. They made their way to resistance groups in Denmark.

morse1952
    ?

I bought a Welrod MKII Replika 112€ at Welrod Softair Replika | SOE Welrod Replika Gun , a very nice replika!
    L.Morse

A very nice hard to find firearm.Great to see.
    Cheers for posting Tobben.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Yes. They made their way to resistance groups in Denmark.
    My fathers friend was living outside Malmö (southern sweden) 1940 when Danmark was invaded by the germans and his father was actually involved with the danish resistens and brought one back.
    Anyway, when he passed my fathers friend inherited it but he in return only fathered daughers and now he is A very old man and don't want his daughters to have any problems cause restricted gun regulations.
    It's catch 22 somehow cause its impossible to register this weapon in Sweden without destroying/deactivate it. Sad...

Got blueprints and SOE's "instrutions" of handeling too if someone interested? haven't figured this forum out yet (how to upload images) but I will.

Yes, please post some pictures, so often you see the gun but no ancillaries. And a genuine connection too.

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Yes, please post some pictures, so often you see the gun but no ancillaries. And a genuine connection too.
    Welrod anyone?
    Welrod anyone?

Welrod anyone? Welrod anyone?

Welrod anyone?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Welrod anyone?  

Cant figure out how to edit my post but anyway, here there are!
    //

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast