Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

what is this

Article about: i have seen revolvers that look like this, looks belgian?? it is a 12 shot revolver. the seller says 22 shells fall to the back of the cylinder. but the bore looks to be .22 is this a 5.75 o

Default what is this

i have seen revolvers that look like this, looks belgian??

it is a 12 shot revolver. the seller says 22 shells fall to the back of the cylinder. but the bore looks to be .22
    is this a 5.75 or 8mm lebel?
    i would like to possibly know before i make a purchase
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what is this   what is this  

what is this  

Default Re: what is this

The best guess, by "THE ILLUSTRATED ENCYCLOPEDIA OF HANDGUNS" by A.B. ZHUK, is a Henrion, Dassy & Heuschen ('HDH') .22 Velo-dog centrefire (5.5mm Velo-dog), not .22 LR rimfire, either sixteen or twelve shot. A 8mmRimmed Lebel ctg would not chamber...Definately Belgian "velo-dog".
    Regards, Thanos.
    Last edited by COLT 1911A1; 01-18-2012 at 04:36 PM.

yep seller describes it as a 12 round revolver. the velo dog round is about 3.5 inches .
    so most 5.5 caliber cylinders look alike. here is the sellers description_________

Very unusual Nagant type pistol od 12 shots, with a long cylinder1 1/2" long, bore in barrel is for .22 cal, but a .22LR falls into the back of the cylinder, so the cartridge is necked down. No markings, proofs, or numbers. This is not a basement made gun but a shop model, or pattern gun , perhaps that never went into production. Gun is very sturdy, and locks up like a drum. Has walnut hand checkered wood grips, with a landyard loop in the butt. Measures about 8 3/4" long, and the 4" octagonal barrel is smooth bore, and is clean. Perhaps a trick shooters pistol from long ago. Evidence that the gun has always been in the white!

i would very much like to buy it but i must know if it is 5.5 velo as fiocchi only makes ammo for velo.
    any more help would be great!

Hi,
    Very nice revolver is it from the 1880,s as i have a Webley No1 R.I.C, 1886 revolver with the same type of extraction rod with the acorn on.
    dave.

looks like a prop for the van helsing film

Not sure what the heck it is but I think colt1991a1 is right
    .I have asked the seller for A few pictures of the firing pin and netter pictures.

I love the look of it . Hope it is a velo caliber pistol , something I can shoot.

That's a very stylish handgun.
    I do like the hex barrel and finger grip on the trigger guard.
    Very nice.

From the description, it seems the seller is trying to pump everything
    he can think of into it.

This type of gun, and similar Belgian 'pin-fire' revolvers never had
    blued finishes, and you don't see a lot of proof marks on them.
    - He doesn't mention that it might have been refinished !

Unusual ? Yes, but I don't think it's a prototype 'shop model'
    or 'pattern gun' that never went into production.

Probably tactics to boost the price up somewhat.........
    Regards,

Steve.

ya it seemed od that yhe description seemed to flip flop around, coulda been an ok snag but i just received a message from the seller that it was sold. oh well.......

seems when i am not looking for a gun, a rarity will fall into my hands, hehe

?

i just seen one of these on the tv show sons of guns..cant recall what they said but it sure was neat!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast