Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What legal to bring to germany? moving there next year

Article about: Hi all this is my first time post on here so I hope i don’t *%@#&* it up I am relocating to Germany next year and trying to find out if it is legal to bring in: magazines & ammo belt

justshootme
    ?

Default What legal to bring to germany? moving there next year

Hi all this is my first time post on here so I hope i don’t *%@#&* it up
    I am relocating to Germany next year and trying to find out if it is legal to bring in: magazines & ammo belts, working flare guns and Mp40 parts like the receiver tube and lower grip assembly as shown in this example? I know bolts and barrels are not allowed but don’t know about the rest.
    I only have a few of the parts but they are in a shape that is hard to find these days.
    I would appreciate any advice you can give
    thank you
    vaughan

What legal to bring to germany?  moving there next year

Better check with an official source by Googling German Firearms Import Restrictions, friend...I'm quite sure those receiver parts are VERBOTEN...
    cheers, Glenn

I believe you have to call the german embassy it said online but that was for firearms so I'm not sure about gun parts.

As far as I know German deacts are like the ones in the UK, in that it's the bolt and barrel that are considered "the firearm"
    and are the parts that get "the chop" ie deactivated.
    Unlike in the States where I believe it's the receiver that gets cut.
    With that in mind you could well be all right.
    However I would check, re-check and check again to make sure that all is as it should be.
    Jonathan.

justshootme
    ?

Hi all
    severin is right that it is the bolt and barrel that count as the gun in Germany and most of Europe, if the parts were in Germany already the only restrictions know of is that you have to be over 18 to own. I have shipped receiver tubes and alike into many parts of Europe before but not to Germany. I know they have tightened up on the Dewat rules a few years ago but they are still way more forgiving and cheaper that here. The embassy has no idea about gun parts importation, even several of the gun shops I talked to in Germany all had different understanding of the rules. I know all these parts can be bought off Egun in Germany it just that all mine are rare hand picked examples that you just don’t see anymore but of course it not worth jail time!
    thanks
    vaughan