Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

for what rifle?

Article about: only markings C and number 3

SRB
    ?

Default for what rifle?

only markings C and number 3
    for what rifle?for what rifle?for what rifle?for what rifle?for what rifle?for what rifle?for what rifle?

Well, its a Mauser 98 type but I cant say which nationality. I have an Imperial German one but mine has imperial markings, this one does not (or they are no longer visible) and might not be German.

I agree with Douglas, a Mauser bolt!...

mpw
    ?

Agree with the above, K98 or one of the variants. Any markings on the firing pin? Usually corrosion has less of an effect here.

Rgd's, Mark.

Pre 1924 Gew98, which contract might be difficult to determine.

PRE
    ?

Unquestionably a Mauser bolt, but both the letters and their locations have me leaning towards pre-war Yugoslavian. The '3' might not be the numerical three that first comes to mind for westerners, but a Serbian Cyrillic 'Z.'

Pat

SRB
    ?

I'm not sure it could be a letter or number.I saw that type used Yugoslavia, Czech Republic and Germany (ww1 models rifle)

PRE
    ?

The Czech Mauser rifles weren't stamped on the bolt root flat like this one though, and the German bolts of this type would have a serial number in that location, not a single inspector's letter stamp.

I think it's for a Yugoslav Model 1924 rifle based on the type, shape of bolt ball, and the location of the stamps themselves. The example shown is VERY pitted and in poor condition, so other markings/numbers have probably been lost to history.

Best,
    Pat