MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Whats This?

Article about: Some L85A2 photos, the one in red and white is a DP rifle, the damaged one is Battle Dammaged one from Afghan and the rest are of my issue rifle (Not my own).

Default Re: Whats This?

Some L85A2 photos, the one in red and white is a DP rifle, the damaged one is Battle Dammaged one from Afghan and the rest are of my issue rifle (Not my own).

Thanks for all the help. Love the pics. I know these guns get bad reviews but look at it, what a beautiful gun I would love to get a nice old spec deac one but I still havent won the lottery lol

m3bobby-so how often do you have to adjust the gas setting?-if you have to use a small fiddly tool to do it I would hope not very often in action!-the SLR was good in that regard but I believe the Czech VZ52 required the soldier to remove the wooden forestock to adjust the setting.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    m3bobby-so how often do you have to adjust the gas setting?-if you have to use a small fiddly tool to do it I would hope not very often in action!-the SLR was good in that regard but I believe the Czech VZ52 required the soldier to remove the wooden forestock to adjust the setting.
    I've never had to adjust it, there are 3 settings, Normal, Excess and Off. Theyre so confident in not having a stopage drill due to gas that they have taken it out of the drills completely and the gas plug will become a 2 setting affair in the future, on and off.

I used this rifle everyday on the range for 8 hours for 5 days firing 3000 rounds, and never once cleaned it or changed the gas setting. the only thing i did was to keep it well oiled and it never once failed. And then all i did was turn it upside down and pore the oil into the magwell and let it run into the TMH. As you can guess, we were trying to punish it but it just kept going.

I'd say that H&K have made this weapon as best as it possibly can be, I used the cadet version of the weapon, the L98A2 in 2009 during a 5 day field exercise at Driffield Driver Training Area. It was raining just about constantly for the whole time we were there so as you can guess the weapons got mud, grit, water and other crap in them. We cleaned the weapons once at the start of the exercise, but it was a bit pointless as they were back to being manky within half an hour so we just kept them oiled and attempted to keep them reasonably clean.

The final platoon attack which lasted about 3 or 4 hours involved the weapons having hundreds of blanks fired through them without cleaning, getting totally submerged in water and other things that firearms don't go well with and they kept working I'd have to say that its a very good weapon to have put up with the punishment we gave it during those 5 days.

Heres a few photos taken early on in the platoon attack before the weapons got really dirty.

Whats This?

Whats This?

Whats This?

Thanks

Danny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2