Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Whats this mag from...please?

Article about: I have been sorting through a number of boxes with items recovered from the German tunnels here in Jersey, Channel Islands. The magazine was in the box but I am unable to work out what its f

Default Whats this mag from...please?

I have been sorting through a number of boxes with items recovered from the German tunnels here in Jersey, Channel Islands. The magazine was in the box but I am unable to work out what its from. Knowing that the Germans used all manner of captured firearms here on the island it could be French or Czech, but hopefully one of you will be able to point me in the right direction. One thing I am sure of it won't turn out to be rare.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Whats this mag from...please?   Whats this mag from...please?  

Whats this mag from...please?   Whats this mag from...please?  

?

Default Re: Whats this mag from...please?

Looks almost like BAR dimensions.... Maybe Wz 1928 or something of French origin.

What are the measurements - do you have a BAR mag for comparison?

Interesting - it is different to my ZB-26 mags.

Good luck,

Pit.
    Edit - Do a google image search it's a BAR or variant magazine, - when you've completed that - do a google search for FND BAR MAGAZINE and miraculously you will find the cross sided version in your pic - lol.
    I collect German weapons so this threw me - but it's quite a common mag -
    Last edited by pitfighter; 07-30-2013 at 07:26 PM.

?

I'm with you on that!! It could be a BAR mag..But I'm no expert lol..Cheers Terry.

?

I stand by my BAR mag type suggestion in my first post - check the feed lips and follower on the mag in your pic and compare to this rusty BAR mag:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Whats this mag from...please?  

For reference, my BAR mag measures 145mm long side, 125mm short side, 25mm wide and 90mm deep.

Hi,
    You could be correct, but I do see a couple of differences. There are the 2 holes in the magazine follower, and the cross pattern on the sides of the mag. These could be variations due to a different manufacturer or it could be a totally different mag.
    D.

fnd bar variant.

Whats this mag from...please?

?

Here a similar 'X' structured BAR mag is sold:

EDI MILITARIA & DEACTIVATED WEAPONS - Magazines etc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Whats this mag from...please?  

?

My initial impression that its a BAR mag, the feed lips configuration as compared to the pic I dug up of the BAR mag and the other BAR mag with the X structure makes me pretty confident that its indeed a BAR mag.
    If the mag dimensions check out with the dimensions of the BAR mag as stated by Richard, I would say you have a BAR mag.
    Sadly I dont have a BAR mag readily available to match the dimensions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast