Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

World premier viewing of my super rare German Mauser Rifle variant.

Article about: Here if this works? is a photo my a German Mauser Sniper variant that I purchased some 15 years ago. It will be literally one of the mintest Mausers you will feat your eyes on. It has a 25 r

?

Default Re: World premier viewing of my super rare German Mauser Rifle variant.

Quote by history-buff1944 View Post
    Um?????

All I know is that I did not do the research on said rifle.

One thing I will say from now on is--no longer will I share things from my collection including unmentioned firearms, posters, autographs.

Public fighting on a website does NOT help the subject being discussed nor does it help one learn as well as it does not help the site out.

Take care--HB.
    So on #1..... since you did not do ANY reseaerch your blatant world premier of your article does not warrant maybe a wee bit of retraction ?.

On #2..... you "won't share" unmentioned firearms, autographs etc etc...oh well .Maybe for the best considering what has been put up thus far.

#3... Public fighting ?. My god man...have you ever been in a deabte worthy of a good researched subject?... My bad # 2 I forgot about that. As far as the "site" goes...if one has a site where only fake & fraud is offered up for looky see and nobody is allowed to call a spade a spade...such site will die off as the knowledgeable collectors will avoid it like THE PLAGUE. A rather salient observation from a wee wittle bit of experiance.
    Don't share what you care not to have taken apart for what it is or IS NOT. If you take it personally you may want to reconsider what you are buying and from whom you are buying it from.

?

Quote by M14sRock View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing the pics when they become available. Common decency is a rare thing, especially on internet forums. I have always appreciated the polite treatment of others on this one, and hope that it does not go away.
    Common decency... please define such a term in as you say "rarity". I too have always appreciated politeness...but when one is doused with factual gasoline and refuses to believe they are on fire...what is decent ... a wet blanket to ease reality of what 'it' is ?.

?

Quote by samnev View Post
    Whether the rifle is righteous or not it is my belief that some of the folks on this site have unfairly and may I say unmercifully beat this op down. I am sure there are better things to do then to keep berating him and his rifle as some have. This site in the past has spoken out truthfully when a post appeared to be incorrect in some manner. But I have never seen the vehemence that has occurred on this thread. IMO this subject should be locked. Enough has been said. Just my 2 cents.
    Sammy..... I have been collecting military rifles in their various forms for 30 years + now. Unfair is a childish term when referring to adults discussing and offering up their golden jewels for public adulation and or as in this case excoration. When I step in dogsh*t I don't say it's a pleasant rosebush...I call it what it is. When someone in front or behind does the same..it is what it is. You either have an open mind and listen to what those say whom walked the path(s) before you , or you become an ostrich and deny reality and or it's relevant discussions right or wrong. Civility only works when both parties have their eyes and minds open , or the king has new clothes.

?

Quote by gew98 View Post
    Sammy..... I have been collecting military rifles in their various forms for 30 years + now. Unfair is a childish term when referring to adults discussing and offering up their golden jewels for public adulation and or as in this case excoration. When I step in dogsh*t I don't say it's a pleasant rosebush...I call it what it is. When someone in front or behind does the same..it is what it is. You either have an open mind and listen to what those say whom walked the path(s) before you , or you become an ostrich and deny reality and or it's relevant discussions right or wrong. Civility only works when both parties have their eyes and minds open , or the king has new clothes.
    Right you are. None are so blind as those who refuse to see. But I am "new" here so my opinion means little.

?

Nice rifle....

?

World premier viewing of my super rare German Mauser Rifle variant.

Another battle thread, and yes eddie what ever did happen to the OP's new pictures.
    Morris

?

Haven't visited here in a while, but I came back to pretty much what I expected to see - the Ostrich Melt Down Syndrome.

Whatever. Your rifle. Think what you want to think it is. It'll all be apparent when you come to resell the rifle and the buyer (if one was to eventuate) offers peanuts for a rotten acorn. I've been collecting close to as long as Gew98 as well, in the same field, with many a dozen K98's passing through my hands, have contributed to a couple books, so I guess my experience means bupkis.

Heck, enjoy the rile with your minions. If you took all this as mockery and derision, you surely have a thin shell veneer! Embarrassment most likely, after such a grandiose and YES, POMPOUS, world freaking premier (Laughing my jolly butt off).

OK, here you go - your debut. GO FOR IT BIG BOY!

Hi Guys, let's keep things on track.

1} I know Carl, who started this thread on his rifle, and he has REAL problems in posting pics. He is even sending me a CD of pics to post for him on other subject matters. So he is not being akward or burying his head in the sand.

2} I would like to see close up pics too.

3} I have known "Gew98" online via his posts on several forums over the past 10 years now I guess. He does call a "spade a spade" and does not sugar coat things. But what I do know is, if I were buying any kind of rare K98, I would be knocking on his door to ask his opinion. I think he knows his stuff.

4} It is no fun losing money on an item and I am sure we have all been there....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I would like to add that there was never at anytime a question about Gew 98's knowledge about the subject. I have read his post for years on surplus rifle and also on commision 88 and always appreciated and believed what he was saying about what he spoke about.
    The part that got to me was the attempt to belittle the OP for his lack of proof or his inability to show proof or the snide remarks made to replies of the OP. I thought that they were not about the rifle but more about the OP and it was beneath the quaility that I have come to expect of this site.
    I also want to see close up pic's of the rifle as I had questions about it also.
    Once again I will say this had nothing to do about the Knowledge/ Experience that you have about the subject Gew98.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast