Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Worldwide arms British no5 jungle carbine

Article about: Hi all I have seen a no5 British carbine for sale with this company. I would like to purchase a rifle but could anyone help with a few questions? Would anyone tell me if this would be a genu

Default Worldwide arms British no5 jungle carbine

Hi all
    I have seen a no5 British carbine for sale with this company. I would like to purchase a rifle but could anyone help with a few questions? Would anyone tell me if this would be a genuine rifle, a ww2 example? They claim it is a ww2 example but what I have read about these a lot are dated later 1947 etc and they configure other rifles claiming that they are a no5. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, difficult to say until its in your hands. I bought a navel sword from them a couple of years ago, when it arrived I noticed that the handle looked imitation and just looked to new. Phone them with my concerns but was told that this was a WW2 genuine sword. The quality was really quite good and thought for the money it wasn't to bad so decided to keep it. I suppose you can call them and voice your concerns and mention about dates, see if it has a date of serial No. Just looked on their site and they do say that they are mainly dated 1945. Ask them what dates they have and choose one, just a thought.
    Regards Steve.

Thanks Steve
    I have contacted them regarding this, just waiting for a reply.

Worldwide arms British no5 jungle carbineWorldwide arms British no5 jungle carbineWorldwide arms British no5 jungle carbineWorldwide arms British no5 jungle carbineWorldwide arms British no5 jungle carbineWorldwide arms British no5 jungle carbineWorldwide arms British no5 jungle carbineWorldwide arms British no5 jungle carbineWorldwide arms British no5 jungle carbineWorldwide arms British no5 jungle carbineWorldwide arms British no5 jungle carbineWorldwide arms British no5 jungle carbineI have a salty mark 5/ It is hands down my favorite long gun in my collection.

The picked up about 2 years ago. its C&R but since the sandy hook shooting my state banned the sale of guns with flash hiders and bayonet lugs.

Frankly I bought it because it looked badass. I overpaid a little but its awesome.

you need to be careful of a number of things. It common for mk3's to be cut down to pass as a five.

fives especially early ones have the model written in electropencil on the side of the reciver.

I suggest reading up and buying one that you have had in hand.

online there are a few sites that reinforce what I said plus added things to look for.

For me its the perfect scout, ranch type rifle.
    Plus if go forbid you may have to use it for protection the thing looks just menacing.
    full power 303 makes this light rifle ( you will see where they milled out metal to drop weigh) kick like a mule.
    I have blanks for it, my hunting loads, the fmj and more underpowered hand loads.

It short and light (strap is in my office) great for moving through brush or heavy cover.
    Its a 10 round box mag but can be loaded to 14 or 15 if you have a round chambered but since we are not at war I don't you need to do it

trying to fire off a hole magazine as fast as possible is just punishing to the shooter.

as for sites it has the peep sight and the open ring. there is this deal with the "wandering zero" ect. Just get to know the gun and your golden,
    If you obtain a real mark 5 your gonna love it

the bayo is repro.
    that's about all I know

anyway to my pics I have

Cheers,
    General Putnam