Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

would this job lot of items be worth buying?

Article about: hm where to start, sorry I got no pictures at the moment but a farmer I met has a stash of stuff he wants to sell me for £200 which includes about 12-13 blank firing pistols, the original bl

Default would this job lot of items be worth buying?

hm where to start, sorry I got no pictures at the moment but a farmer I met has a stash of stuff he wants to sell me for £200 which includes about 12-13 blank firing pistols, the original black ones before the new law came in, theres about 4 very big revolver magnums, a walther ppk, replica p38 luger blank firer, all black. also a beretta, and some other police guns. one of which had a flare gun. He said he would consider throwing in his cowboy lever action rifle too (deact) and an imperial german belt buckle which looked to be in good condition with the whole belt still present. How much are those buckles worth?

Hes also selling seperatly a very old deactivated 1700's rifle, still got its wooden stock and army serial numbers on it etc, amazing condition and hes only asking for £100-£200 reckon they are worth more? I will be back for posting photos but if anyone can help with just the info id be grateful

Default Re: would this job lot of items be worth buying?

brataccas if you buy the deacs make sure he has the certificates for them, it sounds very very cheap for what he is asking, get the pics up as soon as,

You dont actually need deactivation certs, they are nice to have with the gun but not a legal requirement. Its the stamps on the gun that matter.

Also, why would he have a deactivated 1700s rifle? Is it really 1700s? The oldest guns I can think off which need deactivating are .303 Martinis from the 1890s.

Once you've posted photos we will have a better idea.

I forgot to say he will be adding the holsters free of charge too, plus all the blanks and also a boer war ammo pouch, he was going on about something called zulu or something, says its worth £100 and will throw that in the deal too

thanks for taking interest people im soon on my way to collect that stash just now

I think its 1700s maybe early 1800s? really not a clue but it looked ancient and it has a flint and I think it was meant for firing balls.....

It is my understanding that to buy blank firing guns you are required to be a member of a re-enactment group with proper public liability insurance. I would equate yourself with the VCR bill before going any further with this.

Cheers, Ade.

would being a member of a rifle club do? Seeing as I will be joining my local one very soon,

not sure how much this insurance is and how to go about it but looking into it
    Last edited by brataccas; 10-01-2011 at 12:17 PM.

hm well gonna hold back buying til I sort out some way to make it legal for me to collect these things ill photo them probably in a while, not soon because I was on my way today to photograph them and my car broke down fuel pump I think......

I agree with Ade regarding the VCR, you would need to register before buying any replica/blank firers that are considered modern.....I think replicas of weapons made before 1880 are exempt but anything after that requires you to register. I'd post some photographs of the items before you go any further, sounds a little bit weird because he sounds like he's selling them for a fraction of their value....but why would anyone who knows about them (he must to have that many) sell them that cheap?

Thanks

Danny

ye, he says he just wants the space as he needs a clearout, is there anyone who can point me in the right direction what I have to do to legally register myself etc? Im new to all this, the only blank firers I got are two tone so im new in this field....

You would have to join a re-enactment club to begin who would point you in the right direction with this sort of thing

Thanks

Danny
    Last edited by GasMasksUK; 10-01-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast