Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

would this job lot of items be worth buying?

Article about: hm where to start, sorry I got no pictures at the moment but a farmer I met has a stash of stuff he wants to sell me for £200 which includes about 12-13 blank firing pistols, the original bl

Default Re: would this job lot of items be worth buying?

are you in one? seems to be none here in north east scotland

just had an idea, Would this be 100% legal if I purchased all the blank firers BUT I got my friends fiancee to collect and store the guns for me in his house, mainly because he has a gun license not just a shotgun one but hes got big caliber rifles which is probably really damn hard to get in UK. they got theyre own land miles away from society and he has a locked secure safe for his stuff. so is this acceptable? til I find some form of insurance or way to allow me to store them in my own house

For you to buy them it would be illegal, and it would also be illegal for him to sell them to you. As for getting your friends fiancee to collect them, I wouldnt advise it as having a FAC doesnt mean that you can own replica weapons. Granted they would probably be at their safest with him, but the law would say otherwise.

Thanks

Danny

Im a FAC holder and I'm a qualified armourer, but not even I can buy Blank firers as daft as it seams. I do have 3 blank firers that I bought about 20 years ago for dog training so unless I break all 3, I shouldnt need another for a long while.

The cut off date for realistic imitation firearms is 1870

"The term “modern firearm” is defined in sub-paragraph 8 as a firearm other than one the appearance of which would tend to identify it as having a design and mechanism of a sort first dating before 1870. The effect of this definition is that realistic imitations of pre-1870 firearms are not caught by the new offence."

From here

http://www.nio.gov.uk/the_violent_cr...tions_2007.pdf

The "cowboy lever action rifle too (deact)" and the "old deactivated 1700's rifle" might be of interest but we need photos for any sort of accurate advice.

I agree with the views of others on the blank firers.

Regards

Richie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2