Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Ww1 mg 08

Article about: Thanks for asking - after all this time I am still looking for the deck tools :>(

Default re: WW1 MG 08

hello, people. My name is "Baz", I have accepted a project to retore a gun similar to this one. I have till the end of August to do it, and thought i'd get some research done now, before the gun arrives in my shop. It's purpose will be display only, and will be non operational. It has been on display outside since the sixties, and is in poor shape, and i'd like a little info, if you could help. I'll post pics in the next few days. Thanks guys. bazzzzz

?

Baz please email me on mark.finneran@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks
    Mark

Ww1 mg 08here's how the gun looked before removal
    Last edited by amatuer gun restorer; 07-30-2012 at 01:13 AM. Reason: pictures didn't come out

Last edited by amatuer gun restorer; 07-30-2012 at 01:14 AM. Reason: pictures didnt come out

?

Baz those attachments have not worked.
    Mark

?

Quote by amatuer gun restorer View Post
    Ww1 mg 08here's how the gun looked before removal
    Baz looking at this image my question would be what do you want to achieve? - full display with all pieces repaired/restored or a tidy up and preserve as is with no further deteriotion. The gun itself looks in pretty good shape, as does the sled minus feet. Therefore from what i can see I would personally leave as is and 'preserve' what you have. Where there are rust holes/damage of course these pieces can be replaced but there is a certain charm to her as she is. It will be interesting to see close ups.
    Mark

The gun , being on display as long as it has been, is badly rusted, and damaged, and some pieces are missing, damaged, and broken. Our objective is to strengthen the gun's base by fixing the rusted out areas, repair broken & bent parts, and refinish the gun before putting it back on display.

I'll try to upload again... sorry they didn't come out. i spent lots of time uploading...oh, well, newbie here! haa haa

Ww1 mg 08here's a look at the top plate

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast