Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 1911, plus spainish American war revolver?

Article about: Hello guys, Couple of new pistols at my job. First, 1911 Ithaca 1944. Missing mag. Question about this one... Are the parts correct for ww2 and the finish? I do not have any ww2 handguns. (F

Default WW2 1911, plus spainish American war revolver?

Hello guys,

Couple of new pistols at my job.

First,
    1911 Ithaca 1944. Missing mag. Question about this one... Are the parts correct for ww2 and the finish? I do not have any ww2 handguns. (Focusing on long guns) but I like this one! Just wanted to know if it's a matching 1944 or a rebuild?

Second,
    Known nothing about this guy.. I was told it was a private purchase during the spainish American war? Kind of cool looking... See the hash marks on the barrell? I wonder hmm.. Any info would be great if it could of been in military service.

Thanks as always everyone!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 1911, plus spainish American war revolver?   WW2 1911, plus spainish American war revolver?  

WW2 1911, plus spainish American war revolver?   WW2 1911, plus spainish American war revolver?  

WW2 1911, plus spainish American war revolver?   WW2 1911, plus spainish American war revolver?  

?

The second one is a Second model S&W. Is it in 44 Russian Caliber? There is a good possibility that it was there.I have a Spanish copy of this model. I love break top models

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    The second one is a Second model S&W. Is it in 44 Russian Caliber? There is a good possibility that it was there.I have a Spanish copy of this model. I love break top models

Semper F
    Phil
    My co-worker says it's a .45.... Don't know though... the story behind the gun was that it was his uncles and he severed in the spainish American war. I never trust people who are trying to sell stuff though... So no idea.

?

It might be 45lc. These came in several calibers. Keep in mind that these were black powder and not smokeless powder. So special(cowboy) rounds should be used if you intend to fire it. It would be terrible to see such a beauty detonate if fired with the wrong ammo. That along with the safety issues!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

It might be 45lc. These came in several calibers. Keep in mind that these were black powder and not smokeless powder. So special(cowboy) rounds should be used if you intend to fire it. It would be terrible to see such a beauty detonate if fired with the wrong ammo. That along with the safety issues!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    .45 long colt seems right... This is very out of my area.

A little more info about the seller,

He was 86, he said this was his uncles fathers gun. He said he served in the Spanish American war. He was in the Calvary and also served in Mexico at some point. He said the marks on the barrell are from people he killed...

Who knows.

Thanks for the tip about the black powder! Did not know that.

?

Dan this S&W might be referred to as a New Model 3. I'm trying to research it a little more. Is it single or double action? My Spanish copy is almost identical to your except my trigger guard is a complete half circle. It was my Great Grandfathers. I would like to say he used it during the SA war but he ran the numbers racket during prohibition times.
    I will have to take a pic of it so you can see how close the Spanish copied this version. Mine is a double action in 44 Russian.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Phil,

It's Double action. Very very heavy single action.

Thanks!

Dan this S&W might be referred to as a New Model 3. I'm trying to research it a little more. Is it single or double action? My Spanish copy is almost identical to your except my trigger guard is a complete half circle. It was my Great Grandfathers. I would like to say he used it during the SA war but he ran the numbers racket during prohibition times.
    I will have to take a pic of it so you can see how close the Spanish copied this version. Mine is a double action in 44 Russian.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Honestly I don't know what would be cooler! Would love to see pictures!

?

Here Ya go Dan,
    This one was was made by Orbeo Hermanos.

WW2 1911, plus spainish American war revolver?WW2 1911, plus spainish American war revolver?WW2 1911, plus spainish American war revolver?
    WW2 1911, plus spainish American war revolver?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hello-the M1911A1 is a refurb-original barrels were in bright metal-most of these were refurbed post WW2 as they stayed in US service until the 1990s and were widely distributed as military aid to various allies around the world as well. Still collectable though-every one wants an M1911A1!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast