Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Aluminium K98 Mauser Stock? What's it for?

Article about: I saw this on Ebay and wondered what it was (I'm aware that it is a K98 stock!!) I'm not bidding on it so I'm not concerned whether it's orginal or not but it was obviously made for a reason

Default WW2 Aluminium K98 Mauser Stock? What's it for?

I saw this on Ebay and wondered what it was (I'm aware that it is a K98 stock!!)
    I'm not bidding on it so I'm not concerned whether it's orginal or not but it was obviously made for a reason. Is it a mould for the laminated stock or an actual usable stock?
    Link below, if anybody has the computer skills (I don't) to cut and paste the pictures on please do!

Extremely rare aluminium k98 stock | eBay UK

Default Re: WW2 Aluminium K98 Mauser Stock? What's it for?

No mention of it in "Backbone of the Wehrmacht" which is the best book on the K98.

I think it fantasy. I cannot see any advantage to having an alloy stock? Indeed, one of the drawbacks to the plastic stock was it transmited the cold to the shooters hands, and this would have been even worse. Never mind the wastage of vital war materials.

Cheers, Ade.

?

What about the markings ? Are they faked ? Could it be experimental

Hi Alex, you can buy a whole range of fake WaA stamps at Beltring every year.

Cheers, Ade.

?

For which purpoces the stock could be made of aluminum? It will make the stock hot after approx a 20 shots, and after 50 impossible to keep in hands. It is more heavy than a wood, it's a shiny. IMHO it's fantasy. The markings could be nowadays added
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Wow lol ok thanks for the info ! I bet this sells for loads !

A lot of work to go through just for one 'fantasy' stock. And done pretty well. Experimental seems like as good a guess as any. Ron

?

just a thought, but it reminds me of the ones we had in boot camp in the marines. not ment for anything but dragging through the mud and exersize. made to the weight of a real rifle. but thats just my thought. no other reason to make something like this.

My geuss is its experimental. Can't see anybody going through all the hastle of making this just for fun. Look at all the precission work and craftmanship put into it. I'll send the pics to a K98 expert in Belgium who owns a wide collection of the K98 rifle. Again this is not something you make on a sunday afternoon in your shed, and it also looks period to me by the look of the wear.

Look forward to what you find out Feuerbach. This is interesting! Ron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast