Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German PPK Opinions

Article about: Hi there, I want to buy this WW2 PPK, but it isn't my strong point, so any opinions are welcome! This is a UK deactivated example. What would the value be? Here are the pictures: Thanks - Pa

Default WW2 German PPK Opinions

Hi there, I want to buy this WW2 PPK, but it isn't my strong point, so any opinions are welcome! This is a UK deactivated example. What would the value be? Here are the pictures:

Thanks - Patrick.

?

Default Re: WW2 German PPK Opinions

Hello Pat Im no expert on these pistols but I have seen a few priced on Gunstar & Milweb.. there is 1 on Gunstar now for £750..Im sure it was on a couple of weeks with alittle higher price!! so maybe he/she couldnt sell it!! hopefully that helps alittle!!! Terry.

- - Updated - -

Infact Pat what a plonker I am!!!! That looks like the one!!!! I give up theres me thinking I was doing some good!!! lol Terry.

Not really up on Deact's(am in the States,myself), but I know that a Non deact can be had with a holster and extra clip for about $900-1000 US,so that gives you abit of an idea, at least. I'll say, though, that the tan finger extension is quite actively sought after by both and is worth abit by itself, if nothing else!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Tango View Post
    Hello Pat Im no expert on these pistols but I have seen a few priced on Gunstar & Milweb.. there is 1 on Gunstar now for £750..Im sure it was on a couple of weeks with alittle higher price!! so maybe he/she couldnt sell it!! hopefully that helps alittle!!! Terry.

- - Updated - -

Infact Pat what a plonker I am!!!! That looks like the one!!!! I give up theres me thinking I was doing some good!!! lol Terry.
    No Worries Terry. I should have mentioned that or put a link, because on there it contains more information. Yes it was £1000 last week, now £750. Thanks Terry!

?

I don't know what the value is but it is a niece piece.

Quote by samnev View Post
    I don't know what the value is but it is a niece piece.
    Hi Samnev, yes it is really nice piece! I've actually just bought it Also for £750, I don't think that's bad, I mean a magazine alone with the finger extension is not too far off £150 and that is if you can find one! I like it anyway, and I'll post some more pictures when I get it! Thanks for looking!

?

Hi MG42cra,
    I never worry about how much I pay for a piece. My motto is, today's top dollar is tomorrows bottom line. I also like the MG 42 you posted. I have a AR (Mauser) 42 dated matching with optics which I love as much as you do your 42. I sent mine up in 7.62X51 as well as 8mm. I have 3 mounts fr it the WW II Lafette, WW II anti aircraft and the MG 3. I usually shoot it of the AA or MG 3 mount. I also have an MG 34 that is matching except for the barrel. I have the WW II lafette with optics but I usually shoot it off the 42 AA mount that has an adapter for the MG 34.
    Regards,
    Sam

Hi Sam,
    exactly! The prices of these things rises, as long as the item is genuine (obviously) and in good condition! Thanks, I still think the MG42 will be my favourite, although I'm starting to like the MG34 more and more now, plainly because I haven't yet seen another '936' coded one for sale since I bought mine 2 years ago!!!! Your MG42 and MG34 both sound excellent, do you have any pictures on this forum anywhere? Also, I'd be interested in buying an adapter for the MG34 to fit onto the MG42 aa stand, may I ask if you know anywhere good that sells them? Many thanks, Patrick

?

Quote by MG42 cra View Post
    Hi Sam,
    exactly! The prices of these things rises, as long as the item is genuine (obviously) and in good condition! Thanks, I still think the MG42 will be my favourite, although I'm starting to like the MG34 more and more now, plainly because I haven't yet seen another '936' coded one for sale since I bought mine 2 years ago!!!! Your MG42 and MG34 both sound excellent, do you have any pictures on this forum anywhere? Also, I'd be interested in buying an adapter for the MG34 to fit onto the MG42 aa stand, may I ask if you know anywhere good that sells them? Many thanks, Patrick
    Hi Patrick,
    What I did was take the top most part of a damaged bipod that had 1 1/2 legs I took the U shaped part the bipod that attaches the bipod to the 34 and had a machinist (now deceased) make the rest of the adapter that snaps on to the 42 AA tripod.
    I have several post showing both the 34, 42 (some of both on the AA tripod) as well as some of my other MG's. I don't know how to search the site but if you do you'll find quite a few posts.
    There is a firm here in the US called Inter Ordnance that sold the AA tripods already converted to the MG 34.
    Here's one of the 34 on its lafette