Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 Service Pistols

Article about: While not complete yet, my collection of WW2 service pistols is here. 1911A1 is a Remington Rand with a US&S top end. Nambu Type 14 was a gift from a friend whose dad brought it back fro

Default Re: WW2 Service Pistols

The thing about the Hi Power is that it was used by the Axis and the Allies as well. It's one of those pistols that got around. Like I said I really like the 1911 but the Hi Power really does fit into just about every persons hand really well. Considering that it's really got a big fat staggered magazine they sure designed it well. I better stop thinking about it or I'll find myself at the gun shop buying one. Darned Peer Pressure.

Mike

Quote by Pompa Mike View Post
    The thing about the Hi Power is that it was used by the Axis and the Allies as well. It's one of those pistols that got around. Like I said I really like the 1911 but the Hi Power really does fit into just about every persons hand really well. Considering that it's really got a big fat staggered magazine they sure designed it well. I better stop thinking about it or I'll find myself at the gun shop buying one. Darned Peer Pressure.

Mike
    Haha. That peer pressure is unsightly.

If it makes you feel better I recently sold my last two "T Series" Hi Powers and kept my newer Belgian/Portugese one. Gotta have a Hi Power, right?

I agree on the Browning HP here is mine. Sorry Mike

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Service Pistols   WW2 Service Pistols  

Adrian, of all people that I would have never thought would have pressured me. but, Nooooooo! In fact there is a gun shop just about a mile from me that always cuts me deals, (more peer pressure). The only thing that is stopping me from going over there right now is that I shot my 1911 about 500 times this weekend and I'm still cleaning it. Pretty pistols guys. I just hope nobody says anything about a 98 Mauser right now or I might lose my mind. You guys are such good friends.

Mike

Quote by M14sRock View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, Mike. I have a late model Hi Power now and love it, but need a Nazi marked one (and maybe an Ingliss, too) to be complete.
    I know a guy (a police officer) who used to go to yard sales. He still might,but I haven't talked to him in a coons age. He asked the lady who was running one from her front yard if she had any WW2 stuff. She went up to her attic and brought down a Nazi marked Hi-Power with the holster. It had been her husbands. Excellent shape. I didn't get to shoot it but it was a treat look at and handle. He just seemed to step into stuff.

Quote by packin9 View Post
    I know a guy (a police officer) who used to go to yard sales. He still might,but I haven't talked to him in a coons age. He asked the lady who was running one from her front yard if she had any WW2 stuff. She went up to her attic and brought down a Nazi marked Hi-Power with the holster. It had been her husbands. Excellent shape. I didn't get to shoot it but it was a treat look at and handle. He just seemed to step into stuff.
    Those things happen to me from time to time as well. After so many years as "the gun guy", people call me up to "get rid of stuff" or they are just going to turn it in at the next Police "buy back". I don't mind!

Quote by M14sRock View Post
    Those things happen to me from time to time as well. After so many years as "the gun guy", people call me up to "get rid of stuff" or they are just going to turn it in at the next Police "buy back". I don't mind!
    Sounds like you have a real pipe line to some good stuff M14!

Sounds like you have a real pipe line to some good stuff M14!
    I think it may be because I live in LA. Lots of people here inherit guns but do not want them. So they ask their friends what to do with them and people tell them to talk to me. So many of them just want to "get rid" of them. Well, OK.

But I manage to convert some of them, though. They show me the guns and I offer to take them shooting. If they come to the range they almost always end up keeping the guns.

So, either I get the guns, or we end up with new shooters. Either way is a win.

LA Calif? Things are pretty stiff out there. It almost seems lucky for ya's to have a gun club. (range) Keep up the good work bringing in new shooters.

LA Calif? Things are pretty stiff out there. It almost seems lucky for ya's to have a gun club. (range) Keep up the good work bringing in new shooters.
    Not really as bad as many think. We have some excellent ranges. I have a 600 yard rifle range 30 minutes from my house, and another 450 yard range 45 min away.

2 hours and I'm in the desert where I can shoot out to 2,000 yards with no problem.

I have friends in "free" states who only have 100 yard ranges avail.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast