Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WWI US Army 1911 Pistol

Article about: Amazing........ you do not see WWI 45 autos like this,especially with the provenance. you got one helluva find!

Default WWI US Army 1911 Pistol

For your viewing pleasure I am posting a WWI 1911 pistol I bought from a lady some years ago. Through contacts I found out she was going to turn it into the local police department to be destroyed (it would be cut into pieces and melted.) She was moving into a senior living facility and it had belonged to her husband who had passed away (NOT the man who wrote the note) and she did not want it anymore. Imagine my surprise when she handed me a wrapped up dry cleaners garmet bag and I uncovered this beauty within. I almost fell over and was quite speechless. The serial number on the pistol matches the serial number on the note (I blocked out some of the numbers as a little security measure. I'm not an overly trusting soul.) It also has one magazine. All parts function properly but I have not fired it (and have no interest in doing so.) I have not had the chance to do any research into the owner, but I hope to some day. I am glad I was able to save this historical firearm from the inferno. Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI US Army 1911 Pistol   WWI US Army 1911 Pistol  

WWI US Army 1911 Pistol   WWI US Army 1911 Pistol  

WWI US Army 1911 Pistol  

Default Re: WWI US Army 1911 Pistol

You are one lucky dude my man! Congrats!

Excellent!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A Fine Colt and a potential tragedy averted! To cut up and destroy such a historic piece would have been criminal!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi,
    what a lovely pistol, you are one lucky man thanks for showing it.
    dave.

Congratulations for saving that fine specimen.

?

A beauty!

Thank you all for the kind compliments. I'm glad you enjoyed taking a gander ta it. Luckily she agreed to sell it, she was pretty set on destroying it because she was afraid it would fall into dangerous hands. Many elderly people feel that way about guns they or family members have owned. I was able to save this one, but I also know more have been destroyed than I care to think about. I know of at least one pre-war Luger that a friend of mine was not able to convince the owner to sell it to him after a very generous cash offer. The owner even refused to donate it to a museum. How sad.

Very fine, unmessed, Colt M1911 and period holster...Very lucky buy...
    Regards, Thanos.

Agreed, that is a beautiful pistol. Congratulations to you!

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast