Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WWI US Army 1911 Pistol

Article about: Amazing........ you do not see WWI 45 autos like this,especially with the provenance. you got one helluva find!

?

Default Re: WWI US Army 1911 Pistol

Helmetone great 1911 . I hate to hear about guns being destroyed. I was talking to the pistol clerk in my county and she told me a few weeks earlier a elderly lady came in with her husbands WWII 1911 hammer back finger on the triggering and a full mag . Very tense moment untill she put the gun down her husbands died and she turned it in to be destroyed.

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Helmetone great 1911 . I hate to hear about guns being destroyed. I was talking to the pistol clerk in my county and she told me a few weeks earlier a elderly lady came in with her husbands WWII 1911 hammer back finger on the triggering and a full mag . Very tense moment untill she put the gun down her husbands died and she turned it in to be destroyed.
    I'm afraid to ask, was it destroyed, do you know? The elderly are just afraid, not knowing who to trust, so they know if it's destroyed than nothing can come back on them, and they are under the impression that selling it is too difficult. The paperwork really isn't that hard, and a dealer can walk them though the forms and take the gun on the spot. I guess it's really so they have piece of mine, which I understand. It just stinks to see such historic items lost forever. Some people just don't understand the significance of these items. I get the point across to people by asking them: If your spouse died and they had an original Picasso or Rembrandt painting that you didn't want but knew was significant to history, would you throw it in a fire just to get rid of it? That usually gets them thinking.

?

Yes the pistol was destroyed . The clerk said that the ammo in the mag was from the war.

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Yes the pistol was destroyed . The clerk said that the ammo in the mag was from the war.
    Ugh, makes me want to cry. I spread the word to have people call me if something like that walks through the door.

Note: While I am flattered by the generous offers made, this Colt 1911, holster and owner's note are not for sale.

?

Nice WW I 1911. Getting very hard to find. Great pickup.

You have a stunning 1911 there. Thanks for sharing.

You are welcome. Thanks for the comments!

THanks for sharing. I always love to see guns with a known history. Cheers, Robert

Quote by TNcollector View Post
    THanks for sharing. I always love to see guns with a known history. Cheers, Robert
    As do I. It is one thing to hold a firearm (or any historical object for that matter) in your hands and know it has been somewhere. It's a totally different feeling to know the name of who held it and think of where it might have been. I'm hoping to find out more about this 1911 from either Veteran records or Colt factory. If/When I do, I will post what I find. Thanks for the compliment!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast