Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII Collection Allied / Axis

Article about: by RayG Nice looking firearms and nice photos, ray I try to collect items that were from that same period.. 1943 M1 Garand and 1911A1 Pack of Lucky Strikes - Actual K-ration pack.. (Still ha

?

Default WWII Collection Allied / Axis

ALLIED
    Starting with My 1943 Winchester M1 Garand with WWII WRA Internals, Lockbar rear sights and trigger group
    1956 SA Barrel

Early 1945 Springfield M1 Garand (Original Barrel)

Remington 1911A1 (1943) .45 Auto

1943 Russian Mosin Nagant (91-30) (DDR ? Disputed)

AXIS
    The Rifle is a 1942 Mauser K98 bcd "Gustloff" manufactured in Weimar Germany at the Gustloff-Werke factory.
    Also it's a Russian capture "X" above the serial number denotes that, but all the Nazi markings are intact.
    The Barrel was made at Ruhrstahl AG, Brackwede-Bielefel (avk)
    in 1941 and I believe inspected at Ruhrstahl AG, Guss-stahlwerk, Witten (bys)
    The Bayonet is a parade or dress bayonet but is a 1942.

I am working on expanding my collection to include more WWII Firearms and relics.

Nice collection, thanks for showing.

Very nice collection. Keep up the good work.BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

MAP
    ?

welcome to the Forum!

Nice collection. Looks great.

question - Why do you say the Mosin is a disputed DDR re-issue? I have one (a but of surface rust due to poor storage that I want to clean up) that appears to be a DDR re-issue so just trying to learn a bit here. Not my specialty

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    welcome to the Forum!

Nice collection. Looks great.

question - Why do you say the Mosin is a disputed DDR re-issue? I have one (a but of surface rust due to poor storage that I want to clean up) that appears to be a DDR re-issue so just trying to learn a bit here. Not my specialty

Regards,

Michael
    Michael,
    I have read on several other forums that the "Triangle 1" mark may not be associated with the DDR Re-issue.. several are disputing this claim. here are a few..

/1\ DDR marks. Do we still care? - Maryland Shooters

DDR marked mosins Myth or reality?

MAP
    ?

Quote by 2k05gt View Post
    Michael,
    I have read on several other forums that the "Triangle 1" mark may not be associated with the DDR Re-issue.. several are disputing this claim. here are a few..

/1\ DDR marks. Do we still care? - Maryland Shooters

DDR marked mosins Myth or reality?
    Thanks. Will look at these links when I'm home from work. I too have read that the triangle with the 1 is a DDR re-issue. Have never heard differently. Also heard that these DDR re-issues are slightly more desirable (which I find odd and not sure why....although not a concern of mine).

My main goal is alway try to identify the history of each item I own and document it in my little book (i.e. spreadsheet).

As noted, mine is not in great condition with some pitting and surface rust but don't think I spent more than $75 on it. I normally never clean up an item I buy but am considering trying to lightly remove this rust, but not 100% sure of the least invasive method.

Will eventually pick up a minty one....

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

very nice and well thought out.bravo.

Very nice collection, well displayed.
    Jonathan.

?

Thanks everyone.. I plan in the near future to include an Enfield and Arisaka

?

Nice looking firearms and nice photos, ray

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast