Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII Holster Inspection and Identification Assistance

Article about: Hey All, My neighbor's family stopped by tonight with a mint holster that was brought back with a flag and a tinnie from Jake's Grandfather. They were looking for me to identify the holster

?

Default WWII Holster Inspection and Identification Assistance

Hey All,

My neighbor's family stopped by tonight with a mint holster that was brought back with a flag and a tinnie from Jake's Grandfather. They were looking for me to identify the holster markings and what sidearm it was used for. I am not a hand gun expert but looks to be for a Walther or Mauser HSC? The holster is smaller and does not accept my CZ27 nor my Grandfather's Sauer CHL 7.65 38H. The picture shows it is a police eagle marked holster from 1941 with Maker Otto Sindel. The eagle acceptance stamp has a small "B" on the eagle's chest. Any idea what sidearm fits this little holster? It seems small like maybe for a police Mauser?

Also they wanted to have me appraise the flag and tinnie which I did based on condition. No idea on the holster on value but I am guessing in this mint condition retail gun shops would list for $250 to $300? Thoughts on a value I can give them? Holsters are not something I excel at but this one sure is a beauty with stitching and finish that was perfect. Too bad the pistol was lost by their nephew Long story they did not want to discuss as I guess the pistol was like brand new.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Holster Inspection and Identification Assistance   WWII Holster Inspection and Identification Assistance  

WWII Holster Inspection and Identification Assistance   WWII Holster Inspection and Identification Assistance  

WWII Holster Inspection and Identification Assistance   WWII Holster Inspection and Identification Assistance  

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Hi,

Great looking holster and I have seen them in used condition (worn, been there look) for around 90 USD.

?

A very fine holster. Clean , strong stitching. No signs of verdigris around the fittings. The plus being police marked!! I agree with Meyle's about worn and torn versions floating around the Gun Show circus. So shoot on the high end of $150-200. It might be for the PP model but Its in you hands so hard to tell from your Sauer comparison.
    Just my 2 centavos
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    A very fine holster. Clean , strong stitching. No signs of verdigris around the fittings. The plus being police marked!! I agree with Meyle's about worn and torn versions floating around the Gun Show circus. So shoot on the high end of $150-200. It might be for the PP model but Its in you hands so hard to tell from your Sauer comparison.
    Just my 2 centavos
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Believe you are correct Philly Dog Bro. The barrel on the Walther PP does taper greater than my CZ27 and Sauer CHL 7.65. Looks to be smaller and like it was probably the pistol. More of a bummer as in the past I know the Walther PP had a rare variation of only 1100 issued to the Police in 1940 / 41. They I know had a few with a very small band of serial numbers where ALL of the guns were E/C marked. Probably a rarer pistol they cannot seem to locate. Scary a little they cannot locate...Odd and if it was my nephew who lost this thing a year ago...well....he would still be in the woodshed. Hopefully it does not show up on some evening news show in a homicide. Yikes! Probably wasting away somewhere in the ground Sick story...ugh! Lost militaria from a vet makes me puke

?

It looks like a 1st variation police holster for the HSc,I have one of the commercial ones and only the small HSc will fit in it,have a look at this website........Pistolen der deutschen Wehrmacht
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Thanks Zwerge & Philly. I was at least on the blood trail with Walther and HSC. I appreciate you weighing in and your opinions. Thanks and have a good night!

?

What a bout a PPK?
    Last edited by RH1941; 10-22-2015 at 08:39 AM.

May be for the little Ortgies :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Holster Inspection and Identification Assistance  
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I am sure it would be suitable for any itty-bitty pistol that would fit in it....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

It looks very close to an HSc police holster in Whittington's book, print date 1969, GREAT book, one of the old standbys. But the HSc holster bottom looks a bit longer (from the edge of the mag pocket to the bottom stitching), and doesn't have the square shape to the bottom left. This could be for a 25 auto of some kind? I always heard stories "the higher up the officer, the smaller pistol they carried" sort of a distinction? And there's no doubt they loved their "pocket" pistols. Crosscheck the dimensions of this one to the dimensions in Whittington's.

PS The story of the missing pistol smells to high heaven...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast