Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII Springfield M1 Garand, 1942 All correct & orginal.

Article about: Thought you guys may like this. Just got an all orginal and correct m1 Garand! Here's some pictures. Barrel is three months older than receiver, but still correct. Springfield was known to r

Default WWII Springfield M1 Garand, 1942 All correct & orginal.

Thought you guys may like this. Just got an all orginal and correct m1 Garand! Here's some pictures. Barrel is three months older than receiver, but still correct. Springfield was known to release to m1s fresh from the factory with slightly older barrels.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Springfield M1 Garand, 1942 All correct & orginal.   WWII Springfield M1 Garand, 1942 All correct & orginal.  

WWII Springfield M1 Garand, 1942 All correct & orginal.   WWII Springfield M1 Garand, 1942 All correct & orginal.  

WWII Springfield M1 Garand, 1942 All correct & orginal.   WWII Springfield M1 Garand, 1942 All correct & orginal.  

Attached Images Attached Images WWII Springfield M1 Garand, 1942 All correct & orginal.  WWII Springfield M1 Garand, 1942 All correct & orginal. 

?

Lock Bar site. Earl McFarland Cartouched stock. February 1943 I'm liking it!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

looks all correct

Very nice rifle, i wish we could some in the UK which were not astonishingly expensive.

Cheers
    Harry

R
    Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Lock Bar site. Earl McFarland Cartouched stock. February 1943 I'm liking it!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks Phil! Bummed I missed the last M1, but pumped I got this one! Should see it in a week or so.

Quote by Harry Davey View Post
    Very nice rifle, i wish we could some in the UK which were not astonishingly expensive.

Cheers
    Harry
    Thanks Harry! I see it half and half. We can acquire most rifles in the USA pretty easy, even in my state (one of the most anti gun states). On the other side Deactivated machine guns from WWII are rare and very expensive in the USA, it seems in the UK they are much more common and not as price restricted. (Please correct me if I am wrong) but thanks for compliment on the M1!

Deactivated guns are more common but the M1's are mostly new specification which are welded solid and do not cock or dry fire, these cost around £500-600 ish and the old spec which can cock and dry fire are always over £1000. I have seen nice WW2 old spec M1's like yours cost £1500-1800. The old spec are a lot rarer and it seems dealers keep them at an inflated price. They seem overpriced for one rifle, i would like one but i can get a lot more for my money, for around a thousand i bought a no4 mk1, a bren and a no2 revolver, but WW2 US militaria is always harder to find in the UK so good quality gear does cost a premium.

Cheers
    Harry

Looks like a very nice example. Yes these rifles are bringing good money in U.S. Thanks for sharing with us.

Quote by Harry Davey View Post
    Deactivated guns are more common but the M1's are mostly new specification which are welded solid and do not cock or dry fire, these cost around £500-600 ish and the old spec which can cock and dry fire are always over £1000. I have seen nice WW2 old spec M1's like yours cost £1500-1800. The old spec are a lot rarer and it seems dealers keep them at an inflated price. They seem overpriced for one rifle, i would like one but i can get a lot more for my money, for around a thousand i bought a no4 mk1, a bren and a no2 revolver, but WW2 US militaria is always harder to find in the UK so good quality gear does cost a premium.

Cheers
    Harry
    Interesting to know thanks for sharing! In the US you can get live full autos, After a Federal permit, they need to be made before 1986 and already registered. I have seen live MP40's go for over 10k. English weapons are some of the more common ones (at least what I see) I have a mark 3 1916, and a mark 4 1944. The mark 4 is one of the best shooters I have.

Very nice M1 Danny, congrats! And the op rod hasn't the "cut", it is a plus.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast